20L CRS medium tech(We have babies) - Page 9 - The Planted Tank Forum
 156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I need to update my journals, been so busy lately. Both shrimp cubes are doing amazing. Crystals have 3-4 females berried and saddled at the same time. First batch of babies was about 2 weeks ago. Think I counted about 12-14.. hard to say but the babies LOVE mulberry leaves. The Bloody Mary's... 6 berried and saddled females. First batch was 2 weeks ago as well and lost count somewhere in the high 30's. I have two dishes for the same but the shrimp seem to love to think it is delivery and take it to different parts of the tank. The larger snails were easy to take out with the dish but the baby snails were all over the sponge filters. I try not to disturb the tank too much out of caution. I think I had only one CRS death due to high temps. Not entirely sure what was causing it either. ambient temps were 74 yet the tanks were approaching 78/79 with the heater off. May have been warm from earlier in the day... central air is now on at all times to maintain at 74. I was going to try the dog dewormer but already had to put in an order with GLA so I snagged the NO-Planaria and worked great.

Glad to see you are having the same success. I will certainly look into snagging some Shrimp King Bio Tase Active. I already have the Complete, Protein, and Mineral. I also have BacterAE/Betaglucan. I most likely have enough food right now to last 2 years at this point. Not sure if you have tried the Mulberry leaves but seems like a hit with the batches I got from @TropicalAquarist!

Newest project now though is looking into breeding Zebra Plecos... so more on that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownplanted View Post
Yup I alternate between Bacter AE and Shrimp King Bio Tase Active(you may want to look at that one also). Since been doing that keep getting berried one after the other. In fact this morning saw another fresh molt and all the males were in another craze and in fact still are. I actually got a sample of some pollen a while back when I bought some shrimp food(never heard of it for food before). Looked it up then and saw how good it is. I've actually gotten the snail population greatly reduced. Certain food the snails craze to. I always feed in a dish for easy removal of the food and TONS of snails. The snails go right in my 60 gallon to keep the Clown Loaches happy lol. How is your shrimp tank doing?
clownplanted and clownplanted like this.

"It's not so much about keeping fish or plants, it's about keeping clean water."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by katas View Post
I need to update my journals, been so busy lately. Both shrimp cubes are doing amazing. Crystals have 3-4 females berried and saddled at the same time. First batch of babies was about 2 weeks ago. Think I counted about 12-14.. hard to say but the babies LOVE mulberry leaves. The Bloody Mary's... 6 berried and saddled females. First batch was 2 weeks ago as well and lost count somewhere in the high 30's. I have two dishes for the same but the shrimp seem to love to think it is delivery and take it to different parts of the tank. The larger snails were easy to take out with the dish but the baby snails were all over the sponge filters. I try not to disturb the tank too much out of caution. I think I had only one CRS death due to high temps. Not entirely sure what was causing it either. ambient temps were 74 yet the tanks were approaching 78/79 with the heater off. May have been warm from earlier in the day... central air is now on at all times to maintain at 74. I was going to try the dog dewormer but already had to put in an order with GLA so I snagged the NO-Planaria and worked great.

Glad to see you are having the same success. I will certainly look into snagging some Shrimp King Bio Tase Active. I already have the Complete, Protein, and Mineral. I also have BacterAE/Betaglucan. I most likely have enough food right now to last 2 years at this point. Not sure if you have tried the Mulberry leaves but seems like a hit with the batches I got from @TropicalAquarist!

Newest project now though is looking into breeding Zebra Plecos... so more on that soon.
Glad to hear the cubes are doing great How large are the babies after two weeks? Still cannot believe how tiny the 1-2 day olds are. Yeah I have tried the mulberry leaves thanks to @Aqua99 who hooked me up with some. Oh and I just ordered two of the bags of the pollen from the seller you linked. Yeah mine do the same they will grab a piece of their prize food and take off with it and munch on it for a good while. And yeah the CRS hate higher temps. I have been lucky enough to keep from getting above 75 at anytime. This last month due to the heat was the hardest. You really should try the Lowkeys Ultra Supple and Lowkeys Ebi Supple. They absolutely flock to these two foods. @Aqua99 and I got the idea from this article The BIG shrimp food test ? Practical Fishkeeping Magazine which did a test with a ton of different food and those two were the most popular with the shrimp out of many. Oh and if like me with all the different food wanting to organize it all check out this bead organizer I got from walmart for $5 which is perfect for organizing all of the different food. Just put a label on each one and makes it SO much easier with all of the food. Here is where I got it from https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bead-Orga...1-1In/24741915

Just noticed photobucket got you also was such a pain to fix many of my photos to imgur and still have not gotten them all. They really jacked us all.

post #123 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Planted Member

Once I start to run low I will certainly be purchasing some of the Lowkey foods for sure! Also will be ordering the organizer now! Thanks for the heads up!!! Was tired of a basket with 12 different foods.
clownplanted and clownplanted like this.

"It's not so much about keeping fish or plants, it's about keeping clean water."

post #124 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 06:53 PM
A.K.A. Fishroom Bum

PTrader: (2/100%)
This is a sweet looking tank, nice work!

Is that a DIY filter in the upper (rear of tank) left hand corner? Whatever it is, it looks clean, but I don't think I've seen that device before.

Use a quarantine tank!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode