My 60P AKA Forbidden Mountains - The Planted Tank Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 60P AKA Forbidden Mountains

So I couldn't resist getting another tank, so to my LFS and purchased a ADA 60P. THey had custom stands there as well which I picked up.

I call this build "Forbidden Mountains"

This is what I have so far

ADA 60P ( 60 x 30 X 36)
Custom Built Cabinet
Chihiros led
Tropica Substrate
ADA Amazonia
Seriyu Stone

My Blank Canvas

Something about the layout made it look dark and mysterious, so decided to name it Forbidden Mountains

Filling it in with some Cuba and Parvula

Shot from the top

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Cool. Really good rock placement!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Because he's thirsty, dummy!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Algae Grower

Wow, can't wait to see this one grow!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Algae Grower

Any plans for more plants after dry starting? Looks pretty cool with the dark "forbidden" look haha

recognize the OODA loop within everything you do
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00726 View Post
Cool. Really good rock placement!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerLife View Post
Wow, can't wait to see this one grow!
I hope it grows as well as i plan it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf2Frankie View Post
Any plans for more plants after dry starting? Looks pretty cool with the dark "forbidden" look haha
So far i think ill keep it simple, but lets see how it goes. Forbidden mountains with a dark secret...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Looking for ideas about what livestock to keep in there. Open for any suggestions. My other tank has cardinal, CPD and Ottos.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Wannabe Guru

Very nice hardscape. Maybe a shrimp only tank? Don't know your water parameters. CRS look really cool. Amano great cleaners.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel95 View Post
Very nice hardscape. Maybe a shrimp only tank? Don't know your water parameters. CRS look really cool. Amano great cleaners.

Thank you. Sorry I forgot to mention Amanos are in the other tank as well. I do like the thought of CRS, but then again I want some fish as well.

I was thinking either one of these

1. Dwarf Rainbow
  2. Lampeye Norman
  3. Pair of Aiptos ( wont be able to keep any shrimp in there then)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
Nice! I really like your rock layout.
I also have the same ADA 60P this size of tank is beautiful.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoe View Post
Nice! I really like your rock layout.
I also have the same ADA 60P this size of tank is beautiful.
Thank you. 7 pieces were used in this layout. I do think the 60P is a great tank as well ! It just leaves you more room to expand your stocking compared to a 45
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 04:50 AM
Wannabe Guru

My 60P AKA Forbidden Mountains

I would skip Apistos, it's best to have sandy substrates and caves and stuff for them.
Have a look at Pseudomugil species they are amazing and are what I have in my 60P. Then maybe some Boraras, Sundadanio or Microdevario as another schooler. If you want a centrepiece fish maybe look at smaller Gouramis. Lampeyes would be good too as a schooler.
I like the hardscape! Watch how wet your substrate is, you don't want mould. At the front the water level is a bit too high and plants there will struggle because they aren't getting the CO2 from the air since they're submerged, you may also start to get fungus there. You want the substrate to be moist, but you shouldn't be able to have any water actually pooling above it. Also, E. parvula gets pretty tall so you may wanna throw it all in the back or it will crowd out the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opare View Post
I would skip Apistos, it's best to have sandy substrates and caves and stuff for them.
Have a look at Pseudomugil species they are amazing and are what I have in my 60P. Then maybe some Boraras, Sundadanio or Microdevario as another schooler. If you want a centrepiece fish maybe look at smaller Gouramis. Lampeyes would be good too as a schooler.
I like the hardscape! Watch how wet your substrate is, you don't want mould. At the front the water level is a bit too high and plants there will struggle because they aren't getting the CO2 from the air since they're submerged, you may also start to get fungus there. You want the substrate to be moist, but you shouldn't be able to have any water actually pooling above it. Also, E. parvula gets pretty tall so you may wanna throw it all in the back or it will crowd out the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up. A far as fish goes I still have some time before I finally make the decision what to get. Who knows what my LFS might have then. I did remove some of the water that collected during my misting. HC seems to take a while to take root.
Opare and Opare like this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

A quick update on the tank. Its been almost 3 weeks now and the growth has been good. Hoping to flood this tank in a month or so.

Opare and Opare like this.

Last edited by eferna; 07-02-2017 at 05:44 AM. Reason: image path update
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update:

Swapped the external filter with a Tidal 55 filter which was on the big tank, so the big tank now has 2 external filter and this one just the HOB. I found that this worked better for me. Also flooded the tank on July 14th and ran the CO2 with 2-3BPS.

Update as of Today

The plant growth has been good. I did find a lot of hitchhiker snails that I assumed cam on the filter which was attached to the old aquarium. For now I will leave them as they help with the algae.

Last edited by eferna; 07-02-2017 at 05:43 AM. Reason: image path update
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

sucks that photobucket now charges if we exceed a certain number of image views. Have to look for alternatives to post now.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode