150 Gallon Paradise - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Plantedcube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
150 Gallon Paradise

I'm not completely new to keeping a planted tank, but this one will be the biggest tank I've owned to date! I had a 40B and an Elos 38 before. As always, advice/feedback is appreciated! Here is my equipment list as of now;

150 Gallon (48x24x30H)
2 Radion XR15W
Eheim 2078 Canister Filter
Titanium Heater w/ Controller
Aquariumplants.com C02 Electronic Regulator w/ 10# Cylinder
Milwaukee MC122 PH Controller
External 5000 Reactor (C02 Diffuser)
Jebao RW-4 Powerhead

Hardscape:
150# of Black Diamond Blasting Sand
10# of Seiryu Stone
Spiderwood

Fauna:
6-8 Blue Silver Standard Fin Angelfish
20-30 Schooling Fish (Rummy nose, lemon tetra, or hatchet)
7-10 Otocinclus
2 German Blue Ram
RCS (I would like to add these and see how it goes)
Will add some others

Plants: Still not decided
Dwarf Hair Grass (looking to buy)
Hygro Fern
To be continued....

I bought this aquarium off a friend of mine. I am still deciding a lot on the fish and plant choice. Equipment is all finalized at this point. I am still going to have to figure out what intensity to run the radions on. I also have a Hydor 600 canister filter that I can add if I need more filtration. I would love to try 15-20 red cherry shrimp and see if I could get a population established before I add all the other fish. I know there is a great possibility that they will be eaten, but I want to try. So if you have a bunch of culls or cheap RCS, please private message me! I'm not picky on color if they are fire reds or not. Plant wise, I am looking for some needle java fern, fissidens fontanus, dwarf hair grass, Blyxa Japonica, Anubias, Crypts, Cyperus Helferi, ranunculus inundatus, and any stems. I am looking to plant it then see what grows well and figure out what I want to keep and go that way. Anybody has some plant packages PM please. Right now the tank is sitting dry, waiting for the stone to show up and one more bag of BDS. I don't like how low the wood is sitting and I will try and see how the stone fits in. I am looking to flood it Monday or Wednesday next week, depending on if I can find some plants to kick things off! I am trying to figure out how to upload pictures. I'll upload one tonight! Hopefully it doesn't churn into an algae farm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Got the third bag of BDS in and the stones came in the mail. Not sure how I feel about the aquascape, I would appreciate some feedback! Planted the DHG and Hygro Fern. I also ordered a plant package and root tabs from @herns. I want the grass to start sending some shoots before flooding. I hate when grass is floating all over the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File_001.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	751346  

Name:	File_003.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	751354  

Name:	File_002.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	751362  

Name:	File_000.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	751370  

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 03:24 PM
Algae Grower

Awesome hardscape....

DJ SureShot

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

So I didn't want to wait for the grass to grow in and the tank was flooded on Monday! Radions are being run at 50%. I can't get them to connect to my laptop and up the brightness. I will call ecotech on Monday and see if I can find a solution. I got some plants from @herns. Plant wise I have Fissidens Fox, superglued to the wood. Planted some Red Cabomba and Rotala. I also ziptied the anubias nana to the DW. Right now I just want to get everything balanced out and stocked with fish before I start buying specific plants. No algae as of now, everything is growing except the DHG. I think this is because my light intensity needs to be turned up. Here are some pictures! I did a 30% water change today, right now I'm injecting co2 @ 2 bpm. No fertilizers at this moment, only osmocote tabs for the DWH and stem plants. Fish wise my stock is this atm

Male/Female German Blue Ram
2 Siamese Algae Eaters
20 Ghost Shrimp

It's not letting me drag my photos to upload them. Anyone know the secret ha? It worked before!
herns and herns like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode