John's Tank Journals - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By cooledwhip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
John's Tank Journals

Hello everybody! This, is my post for my tank journals... I am 17 as of writing this and go to high school in a suburb of Chicago USA. Lots of cool fish stores around here. I'm super busy all the time so updating this won't be very easy.

Personally I don't believe in writing long paragraphs, because some people who have paragraph-phobia (ADHD lol) like me don't enjoy reading paragraphs upon paragraphs. If I do write paragraphs, it is only because I didn't have time to film a quick video explaining the tank update. I will be updating tanks with short videos, long videos maybe, and possibly text. I have 10 tanks. I get my tanks used, craigslist, ebay, garage sales, etc. I have a 29 gallon super planted and a 10 gallon super planted both with co2 in my bedroom, I have three 10 gallons, two 20 gallon longs, one 36B all in my basement. I have a 45 gallon super duper tall in my dad's office. and some other empty tanks too.

29 and 10 in my room - just beautiful aquascapes. They aren't in their prime now, they are just being used now to float extra plants so you can't really see the scape. 1 of the 10 gallons and 1 of the 20 gallons downstairs are used to raise my fry from any fish I breed. I have a system: breed the fish in the 10 gallon, raise in the 20 gallon. if the 20 gallon already has fish in it, move the fish to one of the OTHER 10 gallons that just hold shrimp and plants.

Any other 10 gallon or 20 gallon other than the ones DESIGNATED for breeding hold shrimp, spare wood, rocks, etc, and PRE waterlogged wood. the 36b holds mismatch fish that either don't have a school or are the last of their school. EX pleco, single species of rainbowfish, a few danios, etc.

I am turning one of the 10 gallons into another aquascape as I am trying to move more toward aquascapes now that I have already experienced the breeding/selling part of this hobby. I am working on the hardscape and will post pictures and updates later today. Maybe a video update tonight?? Who knows.
BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
cant wait to see pics and stuff, excited for the journal!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode