• 6 Post By justinsung
  • 2 Post By somewhatshocked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
EcoQube C

04/01/17

While spring break means big beach parties and road trips for a lot of college kids, I was stuck at home and did not have much to do. An old friend and I caught up and he actually got me an EcoQube C. (For those of you interested, the link is here https://www.amazon.com/EcoQubeC-Aqua...ords=ecoqube+c) I had something to look forward to before the new quarter starts. Looking on the internet, I can't really find much information about it. It doesn't seem to be one of the more popular sets, but setting it up today I cannot see why.

Compared to a lot of the other sets out there from other companies, I really like the sharp corners and how they did the filter compartment. It moves a lot of water so I hope that keeps the set up stable. It even has some cool aquaponics stuff on the top, but I'm going to use it for emersed growth and hopefully get some plants to flower. The light is pretty strong, a lot stronger than other sets and I think it can sustain some plant growth. It's really well made overall. I only with they used glass instead of acrylic, but I bet that would make it more expensive or they wouldn't be able to assemble it the way that they have.

Build

EcoQube C

Scaping Materials

Pool Filter Sand
Ohko Stone

Fauna
*not yet included

Betta
Amano Shrimp
Nerite Snail

Flora

Assorted Mosses
Anubias nana sp. petite
Bolbitis heteroclita
Microsorum pteropus sp. mini/trident/narrow
Hydrocotyle tripartita

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

looks like a nice tank!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you! I like it a lot. Super quiet and the pumps are really strong. Water is still a little dusty. Waiting to add a betta soon.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Its only 1.5 gallons?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Its only 1.5 gallons?
its better than a shot glass right?
"I keep my bettas in shot glasses" -York 2017

Last edited by BettaBettas; 04-03-2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: .
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 12:23 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBettas View Post
its better than a shot glass right?
I was just curious of how big the tank is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I want to say that it is a little less than a gallon of water.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Wannabe Guru

Woohaa beauty for such a small tank!

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel95 View Post
Woohaa beauty for such a small tank!
Thank you! I really like this tank the more and more I work with it. The pump is the most silent I have ever worked with.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 07:05 PM

These are the perfect work aquarium! This is my first freshwater aquarium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (494/100%)
What's this? Children fighting? Cause that's what this looks like.

Stop or there'll be some suspensions/bans and the thread will get shut down.

Don't insult other people. Even if you think they deserve it.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:11 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (494/100%)
Two of you are getting suspended for ten days, one of you for 30.

Enough!

We won't clean this thread up again. Petty, childish insults aren't permitted here.

Edit: Note to OP & others - Roughly a dozen ridiculous comments were deleted from this thread and people were suspended as a final straw. (That's why there are missing posts and comments)
dr3167 and dr3167 like this.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 04-12-2017 at 01:16 AM. Reason: note to OP
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Algae Grower

I'm loving this nano tank, looking forward to seeing more updates! I'm thinking of doing a nano tank sometime soon, living in an apartment severely limits the size of tanks I can set up. Also I'm moving at the end of the year so something this size would be super easy to transport.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode