I'm getting back into the hobby again! I had a couple tanks in high school and two tanks in college but both times moving meant I had to sell off all my fish/equipment
... Finally bought my first house 9 months ago so it's time to get back in it.
Tank: Mr Aqua 22gallon (36x12x12)
Controller: Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Basic
Filter: Fluval 206
Skimmer: AZOO 250
Heater: Hydor in-line
Light: 2 LESON 6500K LED bulbs (13W) in IKEA TERTIAL
Substrate: BDBS with root tabs
Hardscape: Dragon Stone
Plants: stem plants, swords, etc
Fertilizer: 1 pump Aquarium CO-OP fertilizer once a week.
I've been out of the game for quite a while so any recommendations for plants would be much appreciated. I know I definitely want some red plants in the tank but I remember a lot of my favorites requiring CO2 which I've decided against for this tank
I'm also not sure what kind of fish to put in the tank. I've compiled a list of my favorites so far, but I'm not sure which one's to go with, or how many of each. It'll probably be quite a while before I have the tank stocked since I have to get the cycle going and the tank stable, probably put the oto's in first in around a month.
- Celestial Pearl Danios - My favorite small schooling fish
- Clown Killifish - Beautiful non-annual killi, jumpers
- Badis badis - Perfect for water conditions, never seen them at LFS
- Oto - Fantastic algae eaters, no captive bred.
- Rummy Nose Tetra - Quick schooling fish, maybe to big and quick for the tank?
- Forktail Rainbow - Gorgeous, jumper
- Gertrude's Rainbow - Gorgeous, jumper
- Emperor Tetra - Great color combo, a little big for what I'm going for
- Panda Cory - might go with these instead of otos
I'll want to go with 1-2 schooling group, 6 otos/cory and 2-3 centerpiece fish, but I could drop the centerpiece fish out if I think it would overcrowd the tank.
Finally. I'm using some root tabs and I plan on dosing a combination of Seachem Excel and Trace.