55g, Now a Full Dutch - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
 77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 02:14 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Looking forward to seeing how this grows out. Neat to see it in the initial stage.

And I just noticed your are in Naperville. I lived there for 16 years, and still get back fairly often.

What a great place to live and a wonderful downtown. Lots of wonderful memories from there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Looking forward to seeing how this grows out. Neat to see it in the initial stage.

And I just noticed your are in Naperville. I lived there for 16 years, and still get back fairly often.

What a great place to live and a wonderful downtown. Lots of wonderful memories from there.
It's nice here, I live right near Downtown, so everything is close by. If you come by on weekends, we have a very nice planted tank group down here, maybe you could attend one of the meetings.
Greggz and Greggz like this.

A 17-year old that faces parental opposition in this hobby

post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 03:28 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohankpatel View Post
It's nice here, I live right near Downtown, so everything is close by. If you come by on weekends, we have a very nice planted tank group down here, maybe you could attend one of the meetings.
I would love to. I'll get in contact with you via PM to get more information. Maybe even bring my wife in for a visit. She hasn't been there in awhile and really loved it there.

Got to go to Potter's for old times sake, and Hugo's because we just love it there. I could go on and on, but that's probably some other forum.
sohankpatel and sohankpatel like this.

---
---

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
I would love to. I'll get in contact with you via PM to get more information. Maybe even bring my wife in for a visit. She hasn't been there in awhile and really loved it there.

Got to go to Potter's for old times sake, and Hugo's because we just love it there. I could go on and on, but that's probably some other forum.
Here is the group I am part of https://www.facebook.com/groups/954727274614628/
It is a chicagoland group, and I don't know what I would have done without the amazing community there. They have monthly meetings, with lots of free plants, some common some rare. They also have raffles, and informative presentations. The best thing is just being able to converse to people who are also working on their tanks and being able to get advice that you may not have gotten on a forum like this.

post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Any updates for us? Did you ever get around to adding that fake plant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYE.__.HIGH View Post
Any updates for us? Did you ever get around to adding that fake plant?

I can't post updates for a while, AGA doesnt want scapes shared before contests. It is looking pretty good now, I have been conversing with some people who are more well-versed in Dutch than I am and they were thinking I could potentially place top 10 if the competition was as weak as it has been in the past. So, we will see.

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Alright didn't know, the fake plant should boost you to at least the top ten with a "unique" presentation.

sohankpatel and sohankpatel like this.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Alright everyone. There are 5 days until they announce the results of AGA, which means I can finally show off the scape I came up with. In the meantime, here is a quick update:
Aquatic Experience happened, and I scored a free 75g with stand, so Bye Bye 55g. I also got a 11g rimless low iron tank for $30. I will probably start a new journal for the 75g.

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:19 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohankpatel View Post
I scored a free 75g with stand
That's awesome. How did you do that? I wanted one of the Dennerle tanks if they were selling them, but hard to get them back on a plane.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Well, here we are with the results of AGA. I want to congratulate @burr740 for his amazing winning scape. Sadly (for me) I spend enough time here to recognize his work when I see it. Here is my 55g. I will post some in-progress pictures later, but this is what I submitted.

post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 01:25 AM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (125/100%)
Thanks man. I knew your tank when I saw it too, name gave it away.

That's a sweet looking tank. Your scaping has come a very long way in a very short time. Really great job, very nice.
Greggz, Greggz, LRJ and 5 others like this.

post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 06:08 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice looking scape man, love the placement of red.

post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Beautiful tank. I think a 55gal is hard to scape in any style almost. There just isn't enough depth from front to back and they are pretty tall.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode