Envy Nature - The Planted Tank Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking Envy Nature

Hi ,
I'm happy to present my new project entitled " Envy Nature " !

I want to thank especially those from Nevertebrate.ro without which this project would not exist and of course the support of the Dennerle Eastern Region represented by Alex Veres.

Tank: L120xl45xH45 cm , 243 liters, Optiwhite Glass

Filtration: 2 X Eheim Experience 350 , will be filled with Seachem Matrix

Light: 2 X Dennerle Trocal LED 120cm/66W with Trocal LED Control

Substrate: Dennerle Scapers Soil cu Dennerle FB1 Substrate Start , Dennerle Plantahunter Rio Xingu

Hardscape: Grey Mountain Rock , Reed Moor Black

Plants: Juncus repens In-Vitro, Eleocharis pusilla Mini In-Vitro , Bucephalandra spec Wavy Leaf, Bucephalandra Broad Wavy, Bucephalandra spec. Mini Needle Leaf, Cryptocoryne lutea Hobbit In-Vitro, Anubias Barteri nana Bonsai, Anubias nana Pangolino, Anubias nana Pinto, Microsorum pteropus Petite, Microsorum pteropus Trident, Bolbitis heudelotii, Ranunculus inundatus In-Vitro, Hygrophila pinnatifida, Rotala indica In-Vitro, Rotala sp Green, Rotala Wallichii In-Vitro, Moss Vesicularia Christmas montagnei In-Vitro , Crepidomanes malabaricum , Riccardia chamedryfolia Coral Moss

Fertilization: Dennerle Scapers Green , Dennerle NPK-Booster, Dennerle Carbo Booster, Dennerle PlantaGold 7 , Dennerle E15 FerActiv
Conditioner: Dennerle Aquarium Starter Rapid , Dennerle Clear Water Elixier, Dennerle BactoClean Bio

CO2: pressurized , 6kg CO2 Cylinder , regulator + solenoid valve , for Co2 diffusion I use temporarily a 3 in 1 Tropica diffuser wich is probably going to be replaced with a Aquatic Nature diffuser

Others : Twinstar Nano +

Here are some pictures during the hardscape construction which was broadcasted using facebook live stream:

The hardscape is done:

I made a few small adjustments regarding the hardscape (I fixed better the wood and cut two branches that were extra ).
So the tank after the first week planting looks like this:

The plants began to grow well, evidence that the soil provides necessary nutrients.
Of course water is still not 100% clear, cycling of the tank is still in progress.

About the livestock, I made a list of species that will "live" in this setup but I don't want to divulge yet their names because the list is not "chiseled in stone". The only species that are sure is Amano Shrimp.

I hope you enjoy my project , please if you have questions or suggestions express them freely!

I definitely missed some details but I will come back regularly with impressions about the evolution of this layout.
I will keep you up to date!

P.S. Thanks Catalin Gagiu for pictures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
I Envy your skills. Well done!

92% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Algae Grower

I envy too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Same @KayakJimW wish denerle sponsored me lol
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Algae Grower

It looks awesome! What do you put under the rocks to protect the bottom glass?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakJimW View Post
I Envy your skills. Well done!
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitaiwan666 View Post
I envy too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is not that hard , you can do it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBettas View Post
Same @KayakJimW wish denerle sponsored me lol
It is possible , you'll never know .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardiamj View Post
It looks awesome! What do you put under the rocks to protect the bottom glass?

Thanks ! , I used an aquarium pad but you can use whatever you want just have to keep in mind that is not toxic for the fish and it doesn't change the water quality/properties.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
Should have painted the back black.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrill View Post

i think they put a white haze (so I call it) over the back, like a film. Even if they didn't I think it looks good as is, black would have made it look to un-natural which is what they where trying to hit I think
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
i think they put a white haze (so I call it) over the back, like a film. Even if they didn't I think it looks good as is, black would have made it look to un-natural which is what they where trying to hit I think
Maybe, but a black background adds depth, to me anyway.

BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Algae Grower

[/QUOTE]Thanks ! , I used an aquarium pad but you can use whatever you want just have to keep in mind that is not toxic for the fish and it doesn't change the water quality/properties.[/QUOTE]

Would shelf liner be OK?

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:

Mnah , I'm not a black background fan.

Quote:
It's clear that is a misunderstanding here , there is no "they" in making decisions about the tank and what it should look like whatsoever , everything you see is "build" by me and I'm the only one taking care of the tank. Nevertebrate.ro and Dennerle are only the sponsors that put everything to my disposal to do this project, they have no other implication.

Now that we got that out of the picture , for the background I used a semi transparent vinyl and it has this white colour because the tank is approx. 25cm for a white wall.
I also agree with you that a black background made it look so un-natural and I think I can obtain much more depth using this type of background. (I can use all kinds of colored lights to do some effects for example) .

Quote:
Maybe, but a black background adds depth, to me anyway.

Not all the time black background gives depth to your scape and for this layout I'm sure it would have been a mistake to use it, at least this is my opinion for now.

Quote:
Thanks ! , I used an aquarium pad but you can use whatever you want just have to keep in mind that is not toxic for the fish and it doesn't change the water quality/properties.
Quote:
Would shelf liner be OK?

I guess it will be ok.

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
The entire tank is gorgeous, from the hardscape, to the planting, to the tank itself. It is and will grow into one of the best scapes on the forum. Yes, I'm a nature style fan .

A black background is fine if you need to hide something behind the tank, I suppose, but, other than that, clear or frosted is the way to go. It gives the tank a lighter more open and airy feel.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
The entire tank is gorgeous, from the hardscape, to the planting, to the tank itself. It is and will grow into one of the best scapes on the forum. Yes, I'm a nature style fan .

A black background is fine if you need to hide something behind the tank, I suppose, but, other than that, clear or frosted is the way to go. It gives the tank a lighter more open and airy feel.
I'm glad that you like it. Nature style rulez !

You right about black background , I feel the same way.

P.S. Really nice scape One of Jeff's 75 "GoodBye Stems!" , soo natural !

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBogdan View Post
I'm glad that you like it. Nature style rulez !

You right about black background , I feel the same way.

P.S. Really nice scape One of Jeff's 75 "GoodBye Stems!" , soo natural !
Thanks!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Talking

Hi ,
I want to make a small update of this tank.
It's been 2 months since I started this project , in the meanwhile the plants grew pretty well (Eleocharis pusilla mini I had too trimm couple of times , also the moss ).I used mainly slow growing plants because I see it only two times per week to do maintenance ( water change , trimm plants , and other stuff) .
I have some small algae problems but nothing that I can't handle.

A couple of Otocinclus Affinis were introduced to help me keep algae under control and some red nose shrimp (also some Amano shrimp will be introduced asap). I think Hasemania nana brings a good touch to this layout also I want to put some Green Fire Tetra (Aphyocharax rathbuni) in the near future.

So , what do you think about the setup evolution after two months? Any suggestions ?

The photo was taken on 01.04.2017 after water change:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode