8.6g Low tech buce tank - The Planted Tank Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
8.6g Low tech buce tank

Just set up a small tank for my bedroom.. first time really doing a nano. Going to be keeping yellow neocaridinas in here...maybe some ramshorn snails as well

ADA 60F(24" x 12" x 7")

Substrate
-Brightwell Aquatics Florinvolcanit

Filter
-Eheim 2211

Light
- Finnex Vivid+

Plants
- Peacock Moss
- Buce(Blue velvet)
- Buce(Biblis blue)
- Buce(Brownie Phantom)
- Buce(Brownie Ghost)
- Buce(Arrogant Blue)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

This is awesome. No other way to describe it. Must've taken a while to stick all the Bucephalandras down though. This is gonna get really good once they all start exhibiting their crazy colours.
No fish? You could go with a Boraras species and stick to a Borneo theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opare View Post
This is awesome. No other way to describe it. Must've taken a while to stick all the Bucephalandras down though. This is gonna get really good once they all start exhibiting their crazy colours.
No fish? You could go with a Boraras species and stick to a Borneo theme.

Thanks. Yes most of the buces(except for the phantom) are supposed to become blue/purple. Can't wait until they start developing. I don't think I'll be keeping fish in there... the tank is only 8.6g empty and with all the hardscape probably much less than that.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:41 PM
Algae Grower

This is one of those times that I wish the pictures could get bigger. My screen size sucks at work lol
jcmv4792 and jcmv4792 like this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmv4792 View Post
Thanks. Yes most of the buces(except for the phantom) are supposed to become blue/purple. Can't wait until they start developing. I don't think I'll be keeping fish in there... the tank is only 8.6g empty and with all the hardscape probably much less than that.
Fair enough, but with nano fish like Boraras species that may be adequate, especially since it's a tank with shallow dimensions so they have lots of horizontal swim space. Then again it's up to you and if you don't feel comfortable with it that is fair enough.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
What did you use to keep the buces to the substrate?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16T View Post
What did you use to keep the buces to the substrate?
I just planted them like any other. I tried keeping most of the rhizome above substrate, and planted the roots. Supposedly both anubias and bucephalandra grow even faster when rooted into fertile substrate..so we will see. I have some biblis blue that is both rooted into the aquasoil and some that is attached to lava rock. I'll compare growth after several months.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
I just planted them like any other. I tried keeping most of the rhizome above substrate, and planted the roots. Supposedly both anubias and bucephalandra grow even faster when rooted into fertile substrate..so we will see. I have some biblis blue that is both rooted into the aquasoil and some that is attached to lava rock. I'll compare growth after several months.
I see.. I asked because I wanted to know what method you use. Mine I used 1 ceramic media under the rhizome and tied the roots to it the buried it to the substrate leaving the rhizome exposed. =)
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Never seen a tank like this! the lighting and the hardscape are extravagant.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
I see.. I asked because I wanted to know what method you use. Mine I used 1 ceramic media under the rhizome and tied the roots to it the buried it to the substrate leaving the rhizome exposed. =)
I would have done something similar but this tank is so small. No room for all that ceramic haha. The front of the tank is only 1" of substrate?
Mike16T and Mike16T like this.

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:14 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Very nice,looks awesome...
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:33 AM
Algae Grower

That's amazing, may I ask where you got your buce from and how tall those han light risers are?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buce View Post
That's amazing, may I ask where you got your buce from and how tall those han light risers are?
Thanks. I got the buce from Han as well. The risers are 6" tall..but I may end up switching them out for 5" risers later on to use the 6" on another tank.
Buce and Buce like this.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
I would have done something similar but this tank is so small. No room for all that ceramic haha. The front of the tank is only 1" of substrate?
What kind of buce are those in the front? I like the red rhizome (I think...) or leaves..
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
What kind of buce are those in the front? I like the red rhizome (I think...) or leaves..
The ones in the very front are blue velvet. The ones in the ends and middle just before the lava rocks start are blue biblis. Both with red stems.
Mike16T and Mike16T like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode