[Multiple Tank Builds] Hello... It's Been 10+ Years Since My Last Login - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Great work, John!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Algae Grower

WHOA! incredible tanks! You have inspired me to dust off my youngest daughters 3 gallon cube and start a planted tank for the first time ever....

DJ SureShot
post #33 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBettas View Post
So this is professional aquascaping, lol. Absolutely pulchritudinous tanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubstrateSource View Post
Great work, John!
Thanks! Also thanks for the haigrass mini in our 2g, they came in quick and was healthy. No die off period and straight up started sending runners within the same week. Crazy! Never had an experience like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbayne View Post
WHOA! incredible tanks! You have inspired me to dust off my youngest daughters 3 gallon cube and start a planted tank for the first time ever....
You should

John

Follow on IG: @glassaqua

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature

post #34 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlehead View Post

You should
Indeed. I'm going to buddy up to BucePlants (lol) and get some more equipment and start a journal once I've researched everything to death, then research it again. Again, awesome tanks and it's sweet your GF is down too.

DJ SureShot
post #35 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Indeed. I'm going to buddy up to BucePlants (lol) and get some more equipment and start a journal once I've researched everything to death, then research it again. Again, awesome tanks and it's sweet your GF is down too.
Buce is great, I live 5mins away from them with traffic lol. I've been to their office multiple times which is why the main bulk of our tanks are Ultum Nature, they are the exclusive distributor for them. All their tanks are healthy so they know what they're doing. Don't hesitate!

My gf is the one who actually got me back into this hobby and I don't regret it. She's also the reason why we have this many tanks LOL.
Dou and Dou like this.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
post #36 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Buce is great, I live 5mins away from them with traffic lol. I've been to their office multiple times which is why the main bulk of our tanks are Ultum Nature, they are the exclusive distributor for them. All their tanks are healthy so they know what they're doing. Don't hesitate!

My gf is the one who actually got me back into this hobby and I don't regret it. She's also the reason why we have this many tanks LOL.
Looking at their site, I can see they are really enthusiastic about the hobby and want newbies (like me, to plants, but not to aquariums) and seasoned vets, alike, to succeed at this. Once I have the youngest daughters 3g up and stable, I'll most likely purchase one of the larger UN tanks for my home office.

I'll be checking in on this journal to gain some more knowledge before I'm up and running. Thanks for sharing.

DJ SureShot
post #37 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Looking at their site, I can see they are really enthusiastic about the hobby and want newbies (like me, to plants, but not to aquariums) and seasoned vets, alike, to succeed at this. Once I have the youngest daughters 3g up and stable, I'll most likely purchase one of the larger UN tanks for my home office.

I'll be checking in on this journal to gain some more knowledge before I'm up and running. Thanks for sharing.
Yes! No prob. Don't hesitate with Buce

John

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
post #38 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Dueling dining table setup updates:
The one on the right has been experiencing crazy rapid hair grass growth for whatever reason, we have no clue what we did right but this is the first time we've had tissue culture plants grow so fast with barely an maintenance. On the left, it's now home to 6 different sp. of Rotala since it's one of my favorite stem plant sp. We've been adding ADA ECA (iron) more frequently in an effort to make the reds, oranges, magentas, yellow and hopefully pinks pop more.

danbayne, danbayne, Opare and 9 others like this.

John

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
post #39 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Algae Grower

I know how you feel. This hobby is like an itch that you must scratch sooner or later. Browsing forums or even looking pictures at facebook groups will trigger that itch. At least its what happened to me.

In your case though, I think it's a huge satisfaction to be able to go back into this hobby with a bang. Great tanks, great material, great hardscape arrangement. Looking forward to see the final result of these tanks.

post #40 of 140 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just got back from a 10day vacation in Hong Kong. I had my parents come over to our place everyday to take care of the fish with instructions written in Chinese for them LOL

BEFORE TRIP:

AFTER TRIP:

Hair grass grew in like CRAZY in the left tank and the Rotala really filled the background up. However, unfortunately the CO2 ran out half way during our trip and algae took over the left tank, but nothing a tooth brush and a good scrub couldn't handle. First thing we did after a 19hr plane ride was come home for water changes and CO2 refill. The tanks are doing better with algae being closely monitored and lighting bumped down one level. Hoping the Rotala on the right tank doesn't suffer since it seems to not like change at all. The growth rate of the hair grass really took me by surprise. Side note is that I ordered some new CO2 equipment for better diffusion in these tanks.

BEFORE TRIP:

AFTER TRIP:

As you can see the slow HC Cuba grew in a bit more and the hair grass got even thicker. We had trimmed the hair grass before we left. We also bought a Dwarf Puffer and 6 Assassin Snails for snail control. Came back to a relatively cleaner tank (still have snails but not as much) and a super bloated Puffer. We suspect he preyed on the Assassins too. This ADA 90p will need a full trim in the coming week as the Aquasoil is completely covered now. Still messing with bumping the CO2 since we got our tap water tested and it's pretty hard so the bubble count and the CO2 drop check even at the right settings is still too low. We'll have to judge by the fish instead.

HONG KONG

AquaHome - An ADA distributor in Hong Kong that only does planted tanks. Amazing tanks and for such limited space in Hong Kong, they had a couple 100g tanks along with 50g's on display. We bought as much ADA stuff here as we could. Super nice peeps.

AquaArt - Another ADA distributor owned by a scaper who has ranked super high in the previous ADA contests. Super cool tanks as well and a bit of Wabi-Kusa on display

This is how lots of fish, shrimp and plants are sold in Hong Kong due to space limitations

John

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
post #41 of 140 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:23 AM
Algae Grower

Thanks for sharing your trip. Fish in plastic bags is common in my country too espescially in ornamental fish market place like this. It's generally better in my opinion though, because they will have to change the water everyday. It's better for the fish rather than some seller that keep tanks with crowded fish and almost never change the water.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

post #42 of 140 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Our dueling dual Ultum Nature Systems 20c were hit by algae during our vacation so it's been a full week of care and attention. We think we're winning against algae. We even bought the new @Aqua_design_amano Pro Brush to help us clean it. And if you're wondering... it works amazingly. Also upgraded the CO2 diffusion a bit with the Do!aqua hanging glassware. Now it looks way simpler and better! The battle continues with more clean ups and brushing during the coming week.

How our ADA 90p looks after our weekly water change and maintenance. We're starting to fill it back up with fish which include several more Zebra Otocinclus along the way and Neon Green/Yellow Rasboras. The Rasboras seem to be a lot more lively than the Neon Green Tetras we had previously. This tank is due for a serious major trim next weekend. We've been bumping the CO2 up even more so the plants are growing even faster now.

Bump: Our dueling dual Ultum Nature Systems 20c were hit by algae during our vacation so it's been a full week of care and attention. We think we're winning against algae. We even bought the new @aqua_design_amano Pro Brush to help us clean it. And if you're wondering... it works amazingly. Also upgraded the CO2 diffusion a bit with the Do!aqua hanging glassware. Now it looks way simpler and better! The battle continues with more clean ups and brushing during the coming week.

How our ADA 90p looks after our weekly water change and maintenance. We're starting to fill it back up with fish which include several more Zebra Otocinclus along the way and Neon Green/Yellow Rasboras. The Rasboras seem to be a lot more lively than the Neon Green Tetras we had previously. This tank is due for a serious major trim next weekend. We've been bumping the CO2 up even more so the plants are growing even faster now.

Opare, Opare, BettaBettas and 3 others like this.

John

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
post #43 of 140 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Just got back from a 10day vacation in Hong Kong. I had my parents come over to our place everyday to take care of the fish with instructions written in Chinese for them LOL

BEFORE TRIP:

AFTER TRIP:

Hair grass grew in like CRAZY in the left tank and the Rotala really filled the background up. However, unfortunately the CO2 ran out half way during our trip and algae took over the left tank, but nothing a tooth brush and a good scrub couldn't handle. First thing we did after a 19hr plane ride was come home for water changes and CO2 refill. The tanks are doing better with algae being closely monitored and lighting bumped down one level. Hoping the Rotala on the right tank doesn't suffer since it seems to not like change at all. The growth rate of the hair grass really took me by surprise. Side note is that I ordered some new CO2 equipment for better diffusion in these tanks.

BEFORE TRIP:

AFTER TRIP:

As you can see the slow HC Cuba grew in a bit more and the hair grass got even thicker. We had trimmed the hair grass before we left. We also bought a Dwarf Puffer and 6 Assassin Snails for snail control. Came back to a relatively cleaner tank (still have snails but not as much) and a super bloated Puffer. We suspect he preyed on the Assassins too. This ADA 90p will need a full trim in the coming week as the Aquasoil is completely covered now. Still messing with bumping the CO2 since we got our tap water tested and it's pretty hard so the bubble count and the CO2 drop check even at the right settings is still too low. We'll have to judge by the fish instead.

HONG KONG

AquaHome - An ADA distributor in Hong Kong that only does planted tanks. Amazing tanks and for such limited space in Hong Kong, they had a couple 100g tanks along with 50g's on display. We bought as much ADA stuff here as we could. Super nice peeps.

AquaArt - Another ADA distributor owned by a scaper who has ranked super high in the previous ADA contests. Super cool tanks as well and a bit of Wabi-Kusa on display

This is how lots of fish, shrimp and plants are sold in Hong Kong due to space limitations

that confined space is colorful though lol
post #44 of 140 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:56 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
fantastic journal

agree with the feedback - great hardscapes, very nice eq selections. nice photos too in one photo with your tripod, was that your cell phone taped on it?

RIP TANKS

"
post #45 of 140 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

go pro for time-lapse

John

90p ADA
5n Ultum Nature
3n Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature
20c Ultum Nature

Tags
ada, glassaqua, hc cuba, shrimp, tetra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode