LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
Z's 26bow

AQUARIUM-- 26 gallon bow front

LIGHTING-- 24" Current sat +pro

FILTRATION-- Eheim 2215

PRESSURIZED CO2-- 10lb tank, budget regulator I built. Cerges reactor.

OTHER-- inline heater

PLANTS
Fissidens fontanous
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Cryptocoryne nurii
Kliener prinz sword
Several types of buceflandra
Not sure what the plant on the left is.
I'm waiting to find willow moss for the tree.

FAUNA
8 Amano shrimp
1 betta
3 nerites
12 cardinal tetras
5 panda Cory's
3 German Blue rams

Current tank pictures

First tank pic
BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zackariah; 02-01-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:14 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I like it. If you are wanting critique, the white river rocks keep pulling my eyes away from the beautiful driftwood in the middle. You could probably nix the rocks and still have an eye pleasing setup.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thank you and critique is always welcome. The stones are not as bright in person. They are a light Tanish orange yellow color. I will need to take more pictures that capture what I see in person. I guess it's time to break out the DSLR!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I think when the plants grow in more they will somewhat cover the stones so they aren't as visible, I definitely like your idea here with the wood in the rocks, makes it look like a creekbed also what other inhabitants will you add if any? #addsomeCHERRYSHRAMPS
zackariah and zackariah like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:21 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackariah View Post
Thank you and critique is always welcome. The stones are not as bright in person. They are a light Tanish orange yellow color. I will need to take more pictures that capture what I see in person. I guess it's time to break out the DSLR!

Every time I take a picture with my phone and see the results, I say the same thing. Using the DSLR is a PITA for me. Last time I used it was in June. I have to fiddle with the settings, yada yada. Then I want to go get the tripod because some of my meds give me shaky hands. Then I have to hunt down a light source because the room is dimly lit. Go down into the menu and fiddle with the file size to make for easier uploads, etc. All this, and photography just isn't a main hobby. Sorta like the pitcher doesn't spend alot of time at batting practice. So I usually make do with a phone picture. Sad but true.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

That is exactly how I am with the DSLR. I'm not good enough to know exactly what setting to put it on it end up being lazy.

Creek bed is kinda the look I'm going for. And yes shrimp are in the plan. I have not decided what kind. The fish will be moved while the colony builds up to a point that more shrimp will be born then eaten. Then I'll add fish back.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 01:45 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

My ".... For Dummies" book has a very special place in my camera bag. The good thing with a digital camera is you can take a billion pictures and then go back and find the one that makes you look like you know what you are doing.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Looking for opinions. I was planning on putting willow moss on a few of the branches of the tree. Now I'm wondering if various Buce would look better or a combination of the two. I'm new with growing buce so I'm not sure how good they look on branches as they grow.

Here is a current pic of the tank.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well I'm breaking rules with this tank. My betta is living with rams and cardinal tetras with no issues. I decided to go with buce on the tree and I moved it to the right a bit. I also put a kliener prinz sword in the left corner. The hydrocotyle Japan is not working like I thought in the back. I kinda should have known better. I'm really having a tough time deciding what to do with the crypt nurii. I feel they are getting to big and should get moved to the back thoughts?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode