• 2 Post By fish4life1216
  • 2 Post By Blacktetra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
El hermoso tanque

Method's Classroom

Hello this is fish4life1216 and this is my first post on PlantedTank. I'm here to talk about my tank called El hermoso tanque. El hermoso tanque has a dirt substrate topped with black Diamond blasting sand. I once had 2 neon tetras,two swordtail platies and, 6 black tetras. But since the number of Platies and neon tetras were low in my tank, I gave them to 2 of my other classmates who have schools of 5 to 6 of the platies and neon tetras. I was also able to get 5 more black tetras putting my number of black Tetras to 11. The plants that I have in my tank currently are Dwarf water lettuce, sagitura,Rotala rotundifolia, and soon Rotela Green. Currently I have no ammonia and nitrite in my tank. The nitrate levels in my tank are very low so it's no toxic to any of my Fish.

The fish that I知 going to work towards getting is a Firemouth cichlid. This fish would stand out from my black Tetras because of its vibrant colors. I have no plants that I truly want but I知 trying to make my tank heavily planted so I致e been looking for plants that take up a lot of space and go well with a variety of different hardscapes. I知 also looking for a different piece of hardscape to put in my tank. My goal is to post on PlantedTank 2-3 days a week to update you about El hermoso tanque. If you have any Ideas about how I should layout my Tank please post your Idea it will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." Baba Dioum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Fraternity of Dirt #41
SunSun Pimp #66
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I would also like to thank Maryland Guppy for the Java fern he/she donated that helped my tank.

Pie............Yep that's it Pie

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Hello fish4life1216, I like your signature, I like pie too. I also like your tetras. Your tank looks good. I have a suggestion though. It helps a tank look nice if you put the shorter plants in front, and the taller plants in back, and I bet those plants you have in the front have grown much taller since this picture was posted. Maybe they should be moved around so you can see your fish better?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

New Post tomorrow!

I知 a member of Method's Classroom

UPDATE: First I would like to say I'm sorry for not posting on this Journal as often as I said I was but I知 going to be posting on Saturday by at least 9:00 pm EST. But for now here is just a short update. Nothing has really changed in my tank since my first post I still have 12 black skirt tetras who are happy in their tank.But I do have 5 new species of plants

COME TOMORROW FOR THE REST OF THIS POST

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:50 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4life1216 View Post
I知 a member of Method's Classroom

UPDATE: First I would like to say I'm sorry for not posting on this Journal as often as I said I was but I知 going to be posting on Saturday by at least 9:00 pm EST. But for now here is just a short update. Nothing has really changed in my tank since my first post I still have 12 black skirt tetras who are happy in their tank.But I do have 5 new species of plants

COME TOMORROW FOR THE REST OF THIS POST
So... I'm pretty sure we all know whose class you're in. You can leave that part out from now on!

"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." Baba Dioum

The Fraternity of Dirt #41
SunSun Pimp #66
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

New food source

First I would like to say that yes,I'm still alive and so is my tank.I still have 11(or 12) Black skirt tetras who are happy in their home. The flaked fish food that there used to eating was spilled so now we're using homemade fish food which my fish don't seem to be excited about. So now I'm working on another food source which are Grendel worms.My colony is looking good but, I still don't have enough to start feeding them to my fish.I'm sorry for not posting often and I'll try my hardest to do better.I'm no longer going to make promises on when I'm going to post because those never work out.See you all later and hope your day was wonderful.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I would also like to thank Marland guppy for donating a variety of different plants for our class.I'll soon be making a list on all of the donated plants that our in my tank.

P.S-Next post will on Monday or when I get something new in my tank.
Econde and Econde like this.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I bet they will love eating the worms. Is your class growing some?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hello....again

Hello everyone, first I would like to say I'm proud of myself.I actually posted when I was supposed to!The only problem with that is nothing new has happened to my tank so I'm going to talk about my grendal worms. Since the last thing my colony has grown a lot.Also my new name for my gendal worms is "The Colony".I read online that you should use gerber baby cereal to feed them, but method told us to use cat food and that has been working well.I'm also pretty sure I have the biggest colony out of the entire class.I'm not going to post until I get something new in my tank or a milestone for my tank or The colony.thanks for reading!

P.S:Black tetra I've been reading your comments and I took your advice on the moving the big plants to the back thing I think when you see the picture on what my tank looks like now you'll be impressed.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Note:somehow some way I think I have 12 black tetras....

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update of The Colony

First of to those who don't know I call my grendal worm colony "The Colony" for many reasons. The first reason is I was one of the first people in methods class to get a medium sized tupperware which gave my worms a lot more areas to live in.The second reason is because I have the biggest colony In methods class. We first started grendal worm farming on January 30,2017 but at first I felt like I shouldn't get a colony because live food are usually used to make fish mate and have babies and I really didn't want baby fish so I didn't do farming until later. At this point many people had a 2 weeks head start over me so I didn't expect much of my farm so I just left it alone. But one friday I decided to check in to my worms and I had a huge population boast. Some days it seemed like my grendal worms would double overnight.Soon there will be a picture of my grendal worm colony on this journal. For now I leave you all with one question do you guys think its ok for fish caught in the wild to be put in tanks? Anyway see all of you later and thanks for 500 views!!!

Last edited by fish4life1216; 03-03-2017 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Grammer issues
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'm looking forward to seeing the tank soon. And your colony. As for your question about wild caught fish, I'd say it depends. If you put the wild fish in a large tank the you take very good care of, it might be a better place for them to live. In the wild they need to constantly look for food and look out for predators. But in the tank they get food regularly and aren't usually eaten. I think a wild fish can have a good life in a fish tank. But I also think that buying rare wild fish may endanger that fish species, damaging it's natural populations in the wild and resulting possibly in extinction. So I prefer to buy captive bred (not wild) fish when possible.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode