• 2 Post By Method
  • 2 Post By FishMan789
  • 2 Post By Method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My Tank!

Iím a member of Method's Classroom As of right now I have cycled my tank and I trying my best to keep going!
Here is a list of the current Equipment and living things I have in my 10 gallon tank:
Safe T Sorb substrate
In my AquaClear 20 filter I have a sponge and filter floss
Aqueon Heater
Air pump Filter
Cryptocoryne
Java Moss
Anubias
Java Fern
Dwarf Water Lettuce
Dwarf Sagittaria
Jungle Val
Bacopa
Jade Pothos in my filter
School of ten Mummichogs
I know this is not enough compared to the tanks that I have seen. Some plants I wish to add to that list is Bolbitis, Water sprite, and a few more fish and maybe a waterfall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Everything sounds good. Can you post some pics? Whenever you get the chance that is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20g Long -Retired
10g Betta tank -Retired
1.1 Gallon Vase -Retired
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

I'll try to get some better pictures of the mummichogs. That's a cool little local killifish that I trapped out of the Chesapeake. I dosed them with Panacur to try to get rid of any parasites. I still won't let them near any of our tropical fish any time soon...
Econde and Econde like this.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." Baba Dioum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Fraternity of Dirt #41
SunSun Pimp #66

Last edited by Method; 12-08-2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: edit

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Algae Grower

It's way cool that you got your hands on local fish! Chesapeake Bay dot-net is one site that might help you find more to add to your tank, in their field guide section. The same site has a guide to local aquatic plants that you could take a look at. Your local university library is another great resource of information.

Good luck with your tank!

Edit: Because the site is "chesapeakebay" the filter thinks it's "ebay" and won't let me post links. I'm sure you can find it with some googling.

I just wanna have some happy fish and some happy plants.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Close up of the mummichogs:

BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." Baba Dioum

SunSun Pimp #66
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you @Maryland Guppy for the Water Wisteria and Java Fern.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Since my last post I have gotten more Java Fern and Water WIsteria. A Picture of the tank will be provided! )
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

These mummichogs are pigs. They eat everything, including our excess pond snails. But they don't ever stop moving. Here's a pic.

SunSun Pimp #66
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I had never heard of mummichogs. Do they get very big? The tank is looking good. Nice healthy plants.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:58 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

These guys are full-grown at about 3 inches. They're killifish that are native to brackish water all along the eastern seaboard of the US. I live a little closer to the Chesapeake Bay than the school where I teach. I can walk down to a local beach and catch these fish, literally, by the bucketful. They are used as bait around here, but they're quite nice in a tank.

SunSun Pimp #66
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting in awhile. I wanted to wait until i could get my other tank ready. It is a 180 view tank. It can hold 3.5 gallons and currently being used for a Shrimp and Snail tank. I have Java Moss and fern. And an hardscape called cholla(Thanks to @zackariah ) I'm using an air pump for the filter.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hello Planted tank enthusiasts! I got these Grendel worms maybe a month ago the population has grown pretty good! A picture will probably come soon!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Cool! Can't wait to see the worms and your new tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode