EMBEDDING photos on this site? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question EMBEDDING photos on this site?

Hey, all

Someone please explain to me how you EMBED pictures in a post? All I can figure out how to do is to drag and drop files into the upload section, where they stay as ATTACHMENTS to a post. I want to use text/picture/text/picture format, not a a text/string of attachments format.

I noticed that people here can embed their photos into their tank journals. I spent hours trying it last night, and could not figure it out. I did access the sticky at the top of this forum and it seems to be old. There is no red button for me to manage pictures. There is a blue one, but again, I can't seem to embed them in the post but only attach them as thumbnails.

Please help!

Tanks a bunch!

My current 120 tank journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marcia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Just use a 3rd party photo site like photobucket, flickr and past the link using the image button.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Or any parking site such as your own web space..
most internet providers give you space and an FTP site to download them to.
Granted a bit more complicated..and sometimes horribly difficult..or dysfunctional.
Old days they made the address dynamic.. See them once but address changes..

Guess the easiest way to say this is you need your own "off site" storage" area and link to your images from that..
you can't embed.. only link..so to speak

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

Last edited by jeffkrol; 11-15-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: edit

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I do it both ways. Embedding is really not too difficult.

You can either drag and drop them in, or use the Manage Attachments button to upload the photos.

Once they are uploaded, click on the attachments drop down tool (looks like a little paper clip to the right of the fonts) in the menu bar just above your text. Click on which photo you would like to attach and it shows up right there in your post.

Here's a tip. To keep your storage from become filled too quickly, resize your photos before you upload them. This is true both for embedded and off site pics. I use Image Resizer for Windows. You just right click on a photo and bring down the resolution. Makes the file size much smaller, loads faster, and still looks the same on a computer screen.

And if you are replying to a post, click on the Go Advanced tab to get the full features.

Hope that helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode