Elusive's 36G - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Elusive's 36G

Just finished adding a bunch of new plants I got and thought I should probably do one of these now. Who knows if my tank will ever look this good again, so I figured it was probably now or never. First just let me say thanks to all of you in this forum. My knowledge about aquariums and aquatic plants has grown exponentially from where I started because of you guys.

Anyway, here's my tank:

Specs:

36 Gallon Bow Front
Finnex Planted Plus 24/7
Aqueon Quietflow 30 + Tetra Whisper 10 (i need to get a better filter, I know)
Non-Co2 but dosing Excel (Starting to acquire pieces now to add co2 in the near future)
EI low light 1/week dosing

Plants: Lindernia sp India, Sagittaria Subulata, Rotala Colorata, Alternanthera Reineckii mini, Staurogyne Repens, Anubias barteri, Blyxa Japonica, Hydrocotyle Verticulata, Marsilea Crenata, Anubias Nana petite, Microsorum pteropus sp. Trident, Micrantheum Tweedei, Fissidens Fontanus, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Hygrophila difformis, Heteranthera Zosterfolia, Riccardia Chamedryfolia, Bacopa sp Japan, Cabomba Purple, Egeria densa, Vesicularia dubyana, Taxiphyllum sp Flame moss, Taxiphyllum alternans Taiwan moss, Pistia stratioes

Fish:
2 German Blue Rams, 1 Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami, 2 Mollies, 1 Guppy, 6 Rasbora Espei, 3 Glowlight Tetra,
6 Peppered Cory's, 5 Kuhli loaches, 2 oto's, 2 SAE, 2 Nerite snails, ~10 ghost shrimp, 1 (remaining) cherry shrimp

Honestly, I'm not in love with the hardscape. When I started this I just kind of threw in things based on what I saw that I liked. There wasn't really any plan or vision. I've slowly changed things over the past few months and have come up with something that I can at least tolerate. Anything else would require a complete rescape which I really don't want to do right now. I do have some older pictures that show the evolution to get to this. I might put those up later if anyone cares. And hopefully I won't be too ashamed later to post some update pictures if get some good plant growth.

Thanks for looking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
You're doing a great job. Yes, post the photos on how the tank looked before.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks I still have a lot to learn. I will try and post the older pictures tomorrow.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode