50G Before and After EI dosing - The Planted Tank Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
50G Before and After EI dosing

This tank is the same tank I tried my first planted tank nearly 12 years ago and failed
Here is before and after my dry ferts arrived. Im using an outflow co2 reactor. pH set to 6.7. Im using EI dosing with CSM+B and and extra dose of K2SO4. Recently started Ferrous Gluconate.
2 Finnex planted plus for lighting. And I recently got my eheim surface skimmer, very useful getting rid of the film and also cause some surface ripple. I also use UV continuously.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160809_200907.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	683721  

Name:	20161012_191229.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	683729  

Name:	20161020_185417.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	683737  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Wow. That's an amazing difference!

----
2x20-longs, one heavily planted. Platy rancher. They. Won't. Stop. Breeding.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
What plant is that with the tiny leaves that has grown up into the three, large "balls"?

Beautiful tank. Very lush!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly Bettas View Post
What plant is that with the tiny leaves that has grown up into the three, large "balls"?

Beautiful tank. Very lush!
looks like hydro sp japan aka Hydrocotyle tripartita

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 08:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Very nice comparison. There is no doubt you have seen a significant difference, and the tank looks beautiful. Nice work!

------------------
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

that is quite an improvement. what is EI in EI dosing?

i also really liked how you made those bushes with the japan plants. They grow like crazy.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

"No, this is obviously fake because we all know EI is toxic and you do not need CO2 to grow plants, just light"

I joke of course. Great job! Very nice transformation and I like the subtle change in equipment. How long after you started with EI did you notice improved plant health ?

Looks like you will need to trim things soon
Opare and Opare like this.

On hiatus till later this year
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Nice tank! Do you experience pale white leaves with your green plants?

The reason I'm asking is based on my experience that UV will have an effect on the type of chelated iron that is in CSM+B. I don't know how it affects other traces but I used to run a UV way back and decided to stop using it after I realize that the Fe in my tank was disappearing too quickly.

I am also looking at the scarlet temple which from the looks of the picture seem to be suffering from some type of issue. Could you care to post close up pictures of those plants?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Algae Grower

Very nice.. u must be damn proud. If u cud just give up break up of ur EI chemicals and dose that u use it wud be most helpful. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Planted Member

The first photo shows a few tetras. Is the fish count the same in the new photo?

Born a Pisces, Always a Pisces
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
Congrats - that is a great looking tank!

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 12:21 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
looks like hydro sp japan aka Hydrocotyle tripartita
Thanks!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 07:05 AM
Algae Grower

That is a nice tank how long did the plants take to grow with the ei method ?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheWRX View Post
that is quite an improvement. what is EI in EI dosing?

i also really liked how you made those bushes with the japan plants. They grow like crazy.
EI is estimated index. It's a method of fertilization where plants are typically fed every day. Macros on 1 day micros the next. This is repeated for 6 days. This provides more nutrients than needed to assure no shortages of anything with minimal testing. On the 7th day a large water change is performed, typically 50%. This resets the fert levels and dosing starts again. Large weekly water changes are a requirement when using the EI method.

Beautiful tank! How much time passed between the two pictures?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hey everyone, thank for the comments, and sorry for my late reply.

I almost saw the difference in 3 4 days, first the color and then the growth rate went mad. Before I used to have lots and lots of BBA and thread algae all over, and I was sure of my CO2 levels. But after starting EI dosing algae cleared up in 2 weeks. EI is just miracle and I don't know what I was thinking before, and how complicated it came to me before. Very easy straight forward and most important, IT WORKS.

I dose 6 days, Macros and CSMB each other day.

I have realized some plants specially the green large leaved plants had white spots and holes and the AR mini had stunted growth and slight discoloration. But now that I started dosing Ferrous Gluconate, Im seeing a difference, the AR mini and the regular AR are getting its dark burgundy red color. And I realized the green leaves are no more white with darker veins. So it might well be true about the UV, I will try shutting it off and only have it running 3 days a week.

Ive put 160mg FerrousGluconate into 2000cc of water. Although I mixed it very well white particles seem not to dissolve. But I have started dosing from this solution I made, 24cc 3 times a week. Fİsh are ok, and plants are darker in red and greener near the surface.

I now have couple of black neon and a couple of SAE, I will stock more, but I want to try out this FeGluconate first.

Yes I will take more pictures up close tomorrow.

See you all later

Bump: Sorry just realized that Scarlet temple is the AR Im talking about. First time I heard that
2 pictures 3 Months apart I guess

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode