3.9g Crypt Hills [All-In-One | Betta Tank] - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
3.9g Crypt Hills [All-In-One | Betta Tank]

This is actually my first tank that restarted this hobby over a year ago now. I had never had a planted tank before, and so this tank started out with plastic decorations and plants.

9-24-15

The Betta that started in this tank (also my avatar) was named Comet he passed earlier this year, seemed likely to be of old age (he was large when I brought him home, as well as the water parameters being good)

Eventually I decided that I wanted to plant the tank, but when you are just starting out you have very few plants, my first attempt at planting this one was:

susswassertang, and a little bit of moss tied to the plastic decoration. It never really took off or did much of anything. I was also starting my 10g All-In-One at the same time.

Around 8 months passed with no photos taken, but I changed the scape, planted crypts and added a new Betta to the tank (after losing comet)

The Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red were started from a Tissue culture pack, and they have grown a lot sense adding them to the tank, The Betta is a female named Guardian that I had in a refuge tank attached to one of my 10g. From when I thought I was going to start a sorority tank.

This tank is mostly in a maintenance mode at this point, and it is low maintenance at that, I top off the tank every few days, and every couple of weeks I do some light cleaning/water change. I'm happy with how this tank is, this is also the tank I see the most of, it sits right next to my bed, as well as my computer desk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Guardian is such a cutie.

I like her tank, but if it were my tank, I would pick out a few taller plants for the back, just to fill things in a little more and give Guardian more places to hide and play.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I agree, I just haven't found or seen the right plant for the back of the tank yet.

There is only a depth of 7.5 inches (left side of the tank), and 6 inches (behind the rock).

I'm open to suggestions for background plants. This is a low tech tank and I don't dose anything, Probably medium light with the finnex light i'm using.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Voigtman View Post
I agree, I just haven't found or seen the right plant for the back of the tank yet.

There is only a depth of 7.5 inches (left side of the tank), and 6 inches (behind the rock).

I'm open to suggestions for background plants. This is a low tech tank and I don't dose anything, Probably medium light with the finnex light i'm using.
L. Repens would work and add some color to the tank as well

Projects

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode