Lets start with Lighting.
I had to completely rebuild my canopy. Previously I had my LED strips sitting on a glass top that was built into a canopy frame. This layout wouldnt work for what I wanted to do this time so I did a ton of reworking.
Here is the canopy with its fresh piece of plywood for a top. This is hinged at the back so I can open it in case I need to move large hardscape pieces in and out of the tank easily, without having to remove the entire thing (It's extremely heavy)
Next, I cut in a vent hole/strip.
Here you can see a perforated metal sheet that I am using as a vent cover. I am simply test fitting at this point.
Here I am test fitting my reflectors and heatsinks to make sure they all fit, and that the lid can still open.
Now the fun begins.. Many repairs had to be made, and a TON of wiring had to happen.
Here are the old LED strips. Very beat up, several burnt out LED's and sloppy solder work on several of them. Instead of trying to bandaid this rig back together I decided to strip them and start over.
I managed to pry off all the LED's but it left behind a ton of residue from the adhesive
An hour of sanding later, they were cleaned up and ready to be reused.
Now for the fans... They were disgusting.
The fans were totally caked in salt creep from my old reef tank, dust, and cat hair. They were barely functional.
Completely taken apart, cleaned and reassembled with replaced fan grills and acorn nuts.
The units cleaned up nicely. You would never know how awful they were before.
Heatsinks and Reflectors added for the T5's mounted in the canopy.