Been off the site for a few years - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
Been off the site for a few years

Hello, anyone who happened across my thread. I've been off he site for several years, retired the ol' tanks I had when I was active back in the day here. Since then though, I have expanded my set ups. There have been several tanks I have set up and broken down, most recently was my 75 gallon. With good reason, though, as I have a completely new canvas to work on just sitting in the other room from me. As a result of that breakdown, I tossed together a 40b as a farm tank, that has so much shoved in it I barely see the fish anymore. It's all good though. Patience is the key and I have learned that, and am constantly reminded of it too.

So here I share the only thing worth looking at right now, and it is a mess.. Absolute mess. But I love it

Bump: couldn't figure out how to remove a pic once I drug it to the post, so I should mention that the last pic s my second current project tank. This is the Shrimp King tank from Dennerle in Germany. This will be a shrimp tank for me, I intend to stock it with Cardinal Sulawesi shrimp once it is ready. It is not going to be located at that spot on my desk, I was trying to find the right place for it... more to come later on that though.

My main focus will be on this next project tank. I built the frame myself, gave my husband my idea of what I wanted the skinning on it to look like and let him have it. He made it a beautiful piece of forever furniture. This stand will last forever, it is well built and gorgeous. I had a 65 gallon tank built by Glass Cages and they did a phenomenal job, I am so stoked over this set up! I have my ATI sunpower 6 bulb fixture just waiting for something to grow under it. I will be using dragon stone and manzanita scraps I have stored from my buddy D... This will take a while before I even add water, I have no real vision for it so I will play around until it comes to me..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13754532_10209580650700323_869521069703241745_n.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	655649  

Name:	13775984_10209580650860327_4657650060508948066_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	655657  

Name:	13620177_10209580651140334_3960413118596100230_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	655665  

Name:	13619805_10209580651300338_4476001806400388064_n.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	655673  

Name:	13781669_10209580651460342_6324770450919953483_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	655681  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Hi tlyons01,

Welcome back!

Those are some nice plants you are 'farming' there....looking forward to seeing your project!

Currahee

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks! I am happy to report that I purchased the Fluval plant 2.0. I love it. Abso#%&ing love it. I have just paired it with my dutch BML, I'm running that at 50%. It is only 30" so the light doesn't spread to the sides but I stuck it in the back and the fluval up front. Had a friend bring over her PAR meter, and tested out the fluval at a few different levels, but I want her to come back with it so I can do more tests on it...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 02:00 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
I'm back too after a couple years off. It's definitely MUCH slower than it used to be and very few of the old posters are still around. Too bad...this place was awesome. Not that it's bad now...but certainly different and not for the better.

Anywho....welcome back and great looking stand and plants. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 02:10 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Hi t,

I'm glad you like it; it probably looks great with that BLM Dutch.....is that what is over the farm tank?

I just sent our GSAS PAR meter (Apogee MQ-200) into Apogee today for an upgrade to the new MQ-500 with the better sensor and software for LED fixtures.....looking forward to re-testing my Fluval F&P 2.0.

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yes, they are both over this tank. I love my BML but it was bought for a 20L that is now in storage. I tried putting it up when I got the Fluval, but I just couldn't get away from it..I just added it back on it yesterday.
I do not know much about PAR meters, but that sounds like a heck of an upgrade! Do you ever rent yours out?

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
I'm back too after a couple years off. It's definitely MUCH slower than it used to be and very few of the old posters are still around. Too bad...this place was awesome. Not that it's bad now...but certainly different and not for the better.

Anywho....welcome back and great looking stand and plants. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

Thanks! Yeah I totally get the vibe you mentioned. Not user friendly drives people away. Hopefully this time the conversation will keep us around and more active, right? What have you got going on tank wise, these days?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 02:25 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Hi t,

The upgrade is a little pricey, $200, but it keeps our meter up-to-date. Actually we don't rent it out, but any GSAS member can check it out free of charge for one week; it's just one of the perks for being a member of our club.

Bump: rofl t and Nubster,

Here we are in the middle of the 'summer doldrums'; just wait until September and postings really start to pick up...as does the For Sale / Trade sub-forum. By Thanksgiving there can be 50+ posts an hour going on! I can of like the slower pace in the summer.

Roy_________

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Returning. Videotapes.

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz
I think your tanks look great. I can appreciate a little randomness and mess. It makes things look a bit more natural, and more eye-catching since things aren't laid out in neat rows or patches. It looks healthy and happy.

Looking forward to seeing how the shrimp tank turns out. Should be pretty exciting!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlyons01 View Post
Thanks! Yeah I totally get the vibe you mentioned. Not user friendly drives people away. Hopefully this time the conversation will keep us around and more active, right? What have you got going on tank wise, these days?
Not much. Cycling a Mr. Aqua 12" cube for my daughter. Keeping it simple with a few plants and some shrimp and maybe some really small nano suitable fish. Once cycled...might scrap the 12" cube and clean out the old 11.5g Mr. Aqua so there's a little more room but it will be the same setup...shrimp and small fish and simple planting. I don't want to get drug into high tech multi-tank madness again. Darn cycle is taking forever though.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi t,

The upgrade is a little pricey, $200, but it keeps our meter up-to-date. Actually we don't rent it out, but any GSAS member can check it out free of charge for one week; it's just one of the perks for being a member of our club.

Bump: rofl t and Nubster,

Here we are in the middle of the 'summer doldrums'; just wait until September and postings really start to pick up...as does the For Sale / Trade sub-forum. By Thanksgiving there can be 50+ posts an hour going on! I can of like the slower pace in the summer.
Well that is good to know! I do appreciate your attention, I will admit. It is nice to converse with some of the same people, gives and opportunity to get to know you all better.. You are always very helpful and informative. I wish there were clubs in my area, but I have to get my long distance friends to meet me at conventions instead. Except seeing Crazy throughout the year, I am limited to my face to face interactions.. Still fun, no matter what...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaz View Post
I think your tanks look great. I can appreciate a little randomness and mess. It makes things look a bit more natural, and more eye-catching since things aren't laid out in neat rows or patches. It looks healthy and happy.

Looking forward to seeing how the shrimp tank turns out. Should be pretty exciting!
I'm just elated about it. My plan will unfold slowly though, I have no idea where I will even need to get the shrimp I want from....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode