Week 4 to 6
By Week 4 the cyanobacteria bloom had subsided after my aggressive measures to bring it under control. The diatoms had mostly gone away as well (lots of water changes!), but I realized that the treatment had set back my cycling a bit. So I added Tetra Safe Start Water Treatment to jump start the nitrifying bacteria and get things back in balance. By Week 5 things were back on track and I decided to start adding the first inhabitants. I started with 5 neon tetras, 2 otos, and the glofish (which my daughter insisted we get and has since named Little Princess Elsa). At this point, I also changed from the bulb-type glass pipe to a lily pipe, because i felt the bulb was not generating enough flow which was contributing to the algae issues. I also started dosing Thrive, the all-in-one liquid fert that NilocG from these forums makes and sells on his site. I continued with 30% weekly water changes. Here's a pic of what things looked like at this point.