It's been a long time since I've done an update on the overall status of the tank, so here it goes.
-Sold the Radions and bought an ATI dimmable fixture. This is my first experience with T5 lighting, and I'm very happy with it. Don't think I'd switch back to LED for doing a Dutch setup.
-Added a second canister, an Eheim 2273, to go alongside the 2073.
-Added a second Grigg reactor to go along with the new filter. Wanted to avoid the possibility of having discrepancies in CO2 across the tank, that might result from having two outflow points and only one carrying CO2 rich water. I'm sure this is overkill for this size tank, but it was low cost and gives me peace of mind.
-Following the advice of @PortalMasteryRy
, I split the two remaining Erio Polaris. Once the erios were out of the tank, I realized there were more separate cores growing than I originally thought. This made it awkward to pull them apart effectively, and I finally resorted to a razor blade. Ended up with 10 split plants, 5 of which were replanted in this tank, 5 of which were planted in a 5-gallon grow out tank. It was difficult keeping the split plants from floating out of the substrate, so eventually I staked them down with paper clips bent into upside down 'U's.
-Rotala rotundifolia is doing much better these days, but still some stunting here and there. Need to achieve consistently nice growth, then fatten up the group.
-Added a Hygrophila corymbosa 'Compact,' courtesy of Burr. Scape was in need of a green, large leaf plant. I'm liking this one a lot.
-Also added Blyxa Japonica.
-Bacopa australis street was in prime form about a month ago, but not so hot now, especially toward the back of the tank. Got super busy and missed trimming it when I should have. By the time I got to it the lower portions had starting dying off. It will likely have to be uprooted and re-planted.
-Left side of the tank needs work in general: filling out the groups, shaping, maybe switching out some plants if it's still lacking after that.
-May be getting too crowded for a Dutch.
-Tough to get all the groups looking good and hitting the sweet spot at the same time.
A couple shots from tonight. Tank was badly in need of trim and maintenance, which it got afterward. Wanted to do pics before the water got mucked up.