Got back home on Sunday. The tank went eight days without ferts or top-offs. Lighting and rate of CO2 injection were left at normal levels during this time.
Other than the plants being overgrown and water level having dropped slightly below the filter outputs, things seem to have gone smoothly. Overall, no major complaints about the lack of ferts from what I can tell.
Ludwigia red grew quite a bit and looks a little healthier than when I left.
The Limnophila aromatica gained some color.
Eriocaulon polaris looking in bad shape, but it was already in trouble when I left. May have become shaded by the Ludwigia red to make matters worse.
Lobelia cardinalis, which had been showing some GSA on the lower leaves, is almost completely cleared up.
Before leaving I swapped some Rotala rotundifolia in place of the Hydrocotyle Japan. A beginner plant, but as you can see it's looking rough, major stunting. Hoping this is just part of it acclimating to a new tank.
The Isoetes lacustris in the back left corner had been fading for a while and has now shriveled to four small clumps. Time to cut losses and try something else in that spot.
This is what the tank looked like when I got home - jungle dutch.
Did a huge trim yesterday and back-to-back water changes. Still need to do some more trimming this week. The Isoetes lacustris is gone and the Rotala rotundifolia has been moved to the back left corner. Still need to find a midground plant to go in front of the Limnophila aromatica. This was originally going to be the Windelov fern, but not enough contrast. I have tried pearl weed in that spot twice now over the last month, only to have it completely melt within 24 hrs. Not sure about a third time.