• 4 Post By zeldar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (72/100%)
zeldar's 60P "Ripoff"

Tank: ADA 60P mist
Substrate: Fluval Stratum
Lighting: 4x24w T5HO (1x 6500k 1x Pink for 7.5hrs a day, 1x 6700k 1x Purple for 3 hrs a day)
co2: atomic inline
Flora: R. Colorata, R. Green, R. H'Ra, R. Ceylon, R. Goias, M. Umbrosum, L. Repens 'super red', Stauro 049, Belem hairgrass

The Ludwigia was tissue cultured so hopefully it turns pretty red in the future. The sand area is to large in my opinion, but to late to do anything about it now...

Opare, Opare, Dou and 1 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:55 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Sweet scape. Why did you decide to not continue the path all the way down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WaterLife and WaterLife like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks Opare. The sandy area isn't really supposed to be a path, more of a bay or something. Lol Like I said, kinda butchered that part of the scape.

New pics from today. Figured out how to adjust white balance on the camera, so the pics look a lot better.

Opare, Opare, TaylorTurner and 3 others like this.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 10:43 PM
Algae Grower

Amazing plant and hardscape selection. I like the little bay area. It helps draw the eye upward. It's always really hard to judge these things fully until it is mature and trimmed. Until you have all the elements together, something that might look a little bold now will blend into the scape.
When you drop some shrimp in there, it'll make a really convenient place to feed them
KarenSoCal and KarenSoCal like this.

-
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 12:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Yeah, I really like the sides, but the middle path/bay could use some work. I too feel it should be a path/valley continuing all the way back, rather than a bay.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Dou
Algae Grower

Great start =)! Looking forward to see how it grows out. What's the plant in the middle with the pink-green-ish rounded leaves (looks like a rotala of some sort)? And is the plant to the left of it Rotala Singapore?

I agree with the previous posters, I think it could look really neat if it narrowed into a split (creating a valley). I think a Bay would work but you would need to move it slightly over to the right side by 3-4 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldar View Post
Thanks Opare. The sandy area isn't really supposed to be a path, more of a bay or something. Lol Like I said, kinda butchered that part of the scape.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry guys, the sand is not going to be a path. I like it how it is and the newly added pygmy corries made it their hangout spot. If I fall out of favor with it in the future I'll just make it more foreground area or something.

Dou- The plant in the middle is Ludwiga Repens 'Super Red'. I got it as tissue culture so it is transitioning from green to red. The plants to the left are a combination of R. Green and R. Colorata. I'm still trying to zero in on fert dosing. The plants got washed out by what I think was to much Iron dosing. They seem to be coloring up more with reduced dosing.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Dou
Algae Grower

Ahhh thanks. I think R. Colorata is just what I'm looking for =D! Time to hunt for it. I would use the L. Repens 'Super Red' but only if it stayed that shade/mix of green and a light red.

No worries about the sand and no pressure to adjust. Perhaps we can't see it now and it'll look amazing once everything grows in like you imagined. That's what my friends said to me about using Ranunculus for my 45P... then they saw it and changed their minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldar View Post
Sorry guys, the sand is not going to be a path. I like it how it is and the newly added pygmy corries made it their hangout spot. If I fall out of favor with it in the future I'll just make it more foreground area or something.

Dou- The plant in the middle is Ludwiga Repens 'Super Red'. I got it as tissue culture so it is transitioning from green to red. The plants to the left are a combination of R. Green and R. Colorata. I'm still trying to zero in on fert dosing. The plants got washed out by what I think was to much Iron dosing. They seem to be coloring up more with reduced dosing.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

One of our fellow TPTers guilted me into changing the sand pit. Said it looked so bad I should be ashamed. So, I pulled the sand and am doing what he wants. He sent me this lame photoshop mockup of what he wanted.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 03:58 AM
Wannabe Guru

zeldar's 60P "Ripoff"

Hahaha no it wasn't that bad! I was just interested in that you went with it as a design choice.
By the way, what type of stone are you using?

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 04:10 AM
Algae Grower

He's talking about me. I am the guilt dealer I am also responsible for the photoshop. He just has a flair for the dramatic...

Last edited by spore; 07-10-2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: .
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yeah Opare, you were sweet. It's no-tank-having spore that bullies me. I am not sure what they were calling the stone, but I got it locally at ADG. A lot of the stuff they had was really porous, almost like lava rock. I tried to find the pieces that had the least amount of pores.
Opare and Opare like this.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 04:47 AM
Wannabe Guru

Yeah looks like a type of lava rock, but like you said, without as many pores.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Tank is humming along. Started the Goais/hairgrass foreground but will take some to harvest and replant the goais to get it filled in.

Opare, Opare, TaylorTurner and 1 others like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode