Kilroy's GLA 60L "Ameri-gumi" - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Kilroy's GLA 60L "Ameri-gumi"

I started a new thread so I could keep a journal of the new tank.

I am replacing my current 20H with a whole new setup as the GF has convinced me the tank needs to be moved. I figure this would be the perfect opportunity to get another tank started/cycled before moving any livestock over. This way i can do things gradually and at a more comfortable pace having 2 tanks going at the same time, temporarily.

Hardware
GLA 60L
GLA dry ferts
18L Aquasoil Amazonia
GLA Choice Regulator
GLA Drop Checker
GLA diffuser
70W DIY MH (Made it for my reef tank RIP. I have a 10,000K and a 8,000K bulb - i like both, i can't make up my mind)
Eheim Ecco 2232 (already have)

Plants
HC
Blyxa
Micro Sword

Amernals
Otos
Nerite Snails
Fishies (don't know what kind yet)
Amano Shrimp

Wanting to do a pseudo-Iwagumi, or as I'm going to call it, Amerigumi tank. I really enjoy Iwagumi tanks, but I don't think I posses the "artistic ability" to create scapes like some of you have. Perhaps with a few more scaped tanks under my belt I'll feel better at my 'gumi skills.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp Club Member #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Genius View Post
"The 'scape ain't right, bro."

Last edited by Kilroy_1911; 04-21-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Phase One begins:

18L of ADA Aquasoil Amazonia. My GLA order won't be here for a few more days. Surprisingly, after my first ADA purchase, I don't feel any cooler. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote:

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy_1911 View Post

18L of ADA Aquasoil Amazonia. My GLA order won't be here for a few more days. Surprisingly, after my first ADA purchase, I don't feel any cooler. Am I doing something wrong?
Not spending enough?

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
Heh let us know how it goes. Your name rocks I must add. I love putting Kilroy was here on things.

Piano

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentK View Post
Not spending enough?
That's one of the symptoms

----gauny----

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Subscribed ... 1911s are nice ... Ameri-gumi ... even better.

My 120 Gallon Shrimp Tank Rebuild finally started!!

New Journal:

Old Journal:

EHEIM Pimp Club Member #461
Two 2217s and 2215.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Well, my GLA shipment arrived today!

Sorry for the bad pictures. A friend is borrowing my camera.

Still waiting on a few more things. I just want to get it started, but I must be patient.

Quote:

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
Nice! Cant wait till i get my first order of GLA/ADA, but first i need to build up my skills.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
Looks like you're off to a great start!

I also agree, mustn't have spent enough on the ADA stuff. Aquasoil is so normal...

-Andrew
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

5# cylinder came in today.
Still need plants.

Quote:

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
AH, that is the best size comparison photo EVER. Precious.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:06 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
Cute dog. The face looks like a mini of my blue tick.
This should be a great journal too. It sure is shaping up nice.

-Chris

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Let's see the pictures of the hardscape already

----gauny----

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The tank stand is not in place, and i need to get 'gumi stones still. I am trying to patient with this tank. No need to rush my lack of perfection.

Any suggestions to an alternative to ADA Garden Mat? It's really not that expensive, but I've heard they're kind of thin.

Quote:

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (72/100%)
just pick up some grip drawer liner like this: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...w-_-tools_list

I use it and it works great for my mini-m. Just cut to the footprint of the tank. Good luck with the scape.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode