120g newbie setup - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
120g newbie setup

Okay, first I'd like to introduce myself and give you all a little background info. My names Mike, I'm 18 and aquariums have always been a big part of my life growing up as a kid.

My grandpa always had, and still has about 5 tanks ranging from 100g-upwards of 150g tanks breeding angel fish and keeping various other types of fish.

I've acquired my 120g from my dad(which was setup in my house, until my mom demanded it be taken down) I resurrected it from the basement and set it up in my room. I had a 30g tank in there previously, but I wanted to expand so I could keep more fish.

Currently, I'm battling a case of ICH so the infected fish are in my 30g that I still have set up.

It's a little late now to start taking pics and posting all the info/specs on my tank. But lets just say I have some goodies in the mail. Which include co2 products(Reactor, regulator with solenoid and bubble counter), t5HO fixture with 4 6500* bulbs, and a small water pump to supply the reactor. I will be sure to update this very soon with pictures and other info.

As my tank sits right now.
FISH
-3 Angel Fish
-2 20 year old Striped Raphael catfish
- I had 7 cardinal tetras.... Until the catfish destroyed 5 of them in 2 nights lol... So 2 of them.
-3 other fish who's names escape me at the moment.
-4 of those albino looking small catfish guys.

PLANTS
Well lol, I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what they are. I'm terrible with names but I have 4 different types growing currently.

That's it for now, thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Sounds like a good setup!

I'd love to see pics of those Raphael cats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
welcome! can't wait to see your set-up and the pictures. let's see what you can do with a 120!

----gauny----

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode