LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opare View Post
Man those darts are so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! F1 Robertus Tincs the blueish one is most likely female the other is hopefully male.

Well that's just like.........your opinion man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudeabides View Post
Thanks! F1 Robertus Tincs the blueish one is most likely female the other is hopefully male.
What's the plan if/when they start to breed.

post #63 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opare View Post
What's the plan if/when they start to breed.

Probably trade for more darts!
Opare and Opare like this.

post #64 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

One eating flake underwater

2 together

Opare, Opare, geisterwald and 3 others like this.

post #65 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

No more Darts for a while

post #66 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Realized I haven't really put up any pics of the tanks growth.

Some moss growth on rocks and foam. Also club moss on clay wall is making a comeback.

Bump: This club moss is awesome the tips sart as a orange/yellow color then turn red as it matures

Tricolor fern showing a lot of red

Anubias growing well emersed

Last edited by thedudeabides; 12-12-2016 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Added photo
post #67 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Full Tank. The Brazilian Pennywort is out of control. I have found this stuff impossible to kill.

Opare, Opare, alin.nan and 5 others like this.

post #68 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Algae Grower

Very nice! They have one of these tanks for sale at house of tropicals this makes me want to buy it! I'm assuming thats where you got yours.
post #69 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTerror View Post
Very nice! They have one of these tanks for sale at house of tropicals this makes me want to buy it! I'm assuming thats where you got yours.
Actually no. That's where I first saw them but they were way out of my price range to buy new. I waited patiently till one came up on craigslist.

Matter of fact someone is selling a 85 gal on CL for $200 (tank only) but says it has a leak. I will admit I was tempted but my wife would probably murder me in my sleep if I brought a new tank home.

post #70 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Algae Grower

Are you feeding the darts FF? Or just having a small population and letting them live on the springs and isopods?
post #71 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskiffie View Post
Are you feeding the darts FF? Or just having a small population and letting them live on the springs and isopods?
I could see where this would be confusing but I was just showing the darts as they are my newest distraction. They are not in this tank but in their own species specific (no mixing) terrariums and not in the paludarium. The paludarium does not have enough of a land section for darts and I would be afraid of them escaping.

But to answer the original question I do feed them FF but also have springtails and isopods as a clean up crew in their vivariums. I wish I got a video but my giant orange tincs were attempting (not successfully) to eat full grown giant orange isopods the other day.
Opare, Opare, geisterwald and 1 others like this.

post #72 of 148 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Mushies

Opare, Opare, d33pVI and 5 others like this.

post #73 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I am getting the itch to stock the water area. I want to keep the fish selection to micro fish. I originally wanted to do clown killies and still do, but have had trouble tracking some down. I also like the CPD's and also think scarlet badis are cool too. Then there is the part of me that want to get some freshwater pipefish. Might do pygmy corries or kuhli loaches for the bottom.

As for inverts I was thinking that it would be cool to get some variety of orange eyed tiger shrimp to match the crabs glowing eyes. I also might get some CPO or vampire shrimp.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

post #74 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

65g paludarium (converted aquaplantarium)

How well do the crabs play with fish and shrimp?
I think any nano fish, but too nano, should be alright, maybe a Boraras species is what I would try. Boraras urophthalmoides?
The tigers would be nice. Just gotta keep in mind that the Vampire Shrimp are filter feeders.

post #75 of 148 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Opare;9812034]How well do the crabs play with fish and shrimp?
I think any nano fish, but too nano, should be alright, maybe a Boraras species is what I would try. Boraras urophthalmoides?
The tigers would be nice. Just gotta keep in mind that the Vampire Shrimp are filter feeders.

In my experience healthy fish don't get got by crabs. I have amano shrimp in there and they don't really interact with the crabs either. There are so many species that I could consider and I want to make the right choice. I also like glass catfish a lot too.

Yeah I'm aware of Vampire shrimps requirements I have kept them before.
Opare and Opare like this.

Tags
false bottom, lava rock, paludarium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode