3Likes
  • 2 Post By theatermusic87
  • 4 Post By bennyjam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
10 Gallon - Pea Puffer Paradise

I've started working on a 10 gallon setup for the living room. Building a custom stand so that it looks nice, conceals the piping, light, cords, etc. I also want to be able to put a houseplant or two on top of the stand above the tank as well. I'm building the frame iut of 2x4s and skinning with plywood. I realize it's total overkill for a tank this size but 2x4s are cheap and easy to build with. And there will be absolutely no question of stability or structural integrity.

Heres the list of plants I have on order to add to this tank:
Dwarf Sag
Monte Carlo
Fissidens Fontanus
Hygrophilia Corymbosa 'Comptacta'
Hydrocotyle japan
Bacopa Monnieri
Rotala indica
Brazilian Pennywort
Hydrocotyle Sib.
Rotala 'Gia Lai'
Buce Pink Bilblis
Buce Brownie Phantom
Buce Belindae
Buce Lamandau Mini
Buce Mini Coin

For fish, going with 3 pea puffers.

Last edited by bennyjam; 11-01-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Updated info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Here's some pics of the stand frame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:10 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
If you're interested in houseplants on to of the stand, is not that much of a lepk to setup a remote riparium and use the plants as an extendee part of your tank. Take a look at my tank thread in my signature for what I've got setup. Mine did right on top of my tank, but if you're building your stand you could easily extend the plumbing to lift it up onto your shelf

Help build the [
] and [
]

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't think that's something I want to do right now, but it would be cool to do in the future. We have at least 4 of the plants that you have in your riparium. :-)

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Resurrecting this project! I've been working on finishing the stand and it's coming out nicely. Hoping to finish it up this weekend. I have the plywood screwed to the 2x4s on the inside, so everything is nicely concealed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171030_195305.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	800610  

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Stand is done! Pretty happy with the way it came out. Going to secure the door with magnets. Im going to stain it tomorrow. Hoping to have the tank in it by Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Stand is stained and has 1 coat of polyurethane. 2nd coat going on tomorrow. Hit up the LCD today and got some stones/driftwood. Also got some lousy looking water sprite for free. I should be able to nurse it back to health.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Here's a shot of the completed stand. I put the tank in today and set up the equipment - filter, mini rex grigg, co2, heater. Going to scape it tomorrow!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode