LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
eheim 460l tank

current status, 4/30/16 front/back shot, wall tank
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 33g retired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Eheim 460L/120G MPaquarien beginning of the never ending
ok so i bought this tank today, and have already placed it in between my hall and living room to act as a wall. since it has a two sides to the stand, the cabinet with the filter will be in the living room and the shelf with my supplies will be in the hall for access to the other tank for food, net, fertilizer, etc. only thing i have to think up is do i keep the plumbing for the hose through the bottom and somehow keep the intake and output like my 75gal in signature or do i seal it and put the hoses on the side? opinions appreciated, PS i am not dealing with a sump no way no how, had my fare share of them in saltwater!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

, 33g retired
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:36 AM
Planted Member

I love it,

I cannot wait to see the finished product.

You are a very helpful person, so I wish you the best with this build.

-Sam Sabeti

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquisit View Post
I love it,

I cannot wait to see the finished product.

You are a very helpful person, so I wish you the best with this build.

-Sam Sabeti
thanks and yes this will be a lovely tank, just been contemplating on having the hood on it though as it will be hard to feed daily along with trying to make holes in it for the filter lines if i go on the side.

, 33g retired
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Looks great! I like the idea of using it as half-wall. Can't help you with the sump questions.

What are your stocking plans?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Great looking tank and stand combo. I would find a way to keep the filter plumbing coming thru the bottom to maintain the clean looks of the tank. Nothing that a few pvc fittings and pipe couldn't take care of. You could bring them straight up and create an island style scape to hide them.

,2x75g, 55g, 40g breeder, 29g, 2x10g, 100g stock pond..........MTS ? Nahhhhhh
Just acquired a 150g tall and a 30g long
Fraternity of dirt #135 join--->

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadchevy View Post
Great looking tank and stand combo. I would find a way to keep the filter plumbing coming thru the bottom to maintain the clean looks of the tank. Nothing that a few pvc fittings and pipe couldn't take care of. You could bring them straight up and create an island style scape to hide them.
glad someone else had the same mindset as me on this, took a bit of a hassle trying to find the right connectors(barbs) for the thru hole fitting they already had which was toilet bowl threaded pvc pipe, also added some pvc from a old sump straight up with a foam pre filter that i need to replace with a actual intake screen.

Bump: [IMG][/IMG]
need to cut a bit of the thread off for a cleaner look
[IMG][/IMG]
hose barb connector can swivel incase i like the flow pointing better one way or the other
[IMG][/IMG]
Nordic and Nordic like this.

, 33g retired
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Intake looks good. I would run the return straight up to near the surface and get some lockline to make a dual output nozzle. Would look much cleaner than the flex hose you have now.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadchevy View Post
Intake looks good. I would run the return straight up to near the surface and get some lockline to make a dual output nozzle. Would look much cleaner than the flex hose you have now.
something like this possibly? http://www.amazon.com/MR-Jiang-Aquar...um+outlet+pipe

, 33g retired
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yes exactly!

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Exclamation

ok guys i need some opinions on lighting, i have a planted plus on my 75gal and it seems to be growing very well but with the 24" vs 18" width i am worried it will not have enough light for just one fixture, should i get two of these? hang overhead? or get something like a exotic series?
depth of where sand will be to tank rim is 20"
tank width is 51.25" so i would possibly have to build a light holder for a standard 48" light

, 33g retired
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbuck1993 View Post
ok guys i need some opinions on lighting, i have a planted plus on my 75gal and it seems to be growing very well but with the 24" vs 18" width i am worried it will not have enough light for just one fixture, should i get two of these? hang overhead? or get something like a exotic series?
depth of where sand will be to tank rim is 20"
tank width is 51.25" so i would possibly have to build a light holder for a standard 48" light
decided to go with a finnex planted plus again possibly even two if i shutdown my 75g ,after having some reports about the fluval plant 2.0 having real bad issues even though it is dimmable the power button can get stuck keeping it from working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbuck1993 View Post
glad someone else had the same mindset as me on this, took a bit of a hassle trying to find the right connectors(barbs) for the thru hole fitting they already had which was toilet bowl threaded pvc pipe, also added some pvc from a old sump straight up with a foam pre filter that i need to replace with a actual intake screen.

[IMG][/IMG]
i am possibly going to do a straight piece of pvc with a bunch of holes drilled on the top of it all the way around to make a true 360 degree spray bar with gentle flow. any opinions on this? would it look ok? thinking of spraying it black along with the intake, also would making the intake lower to the sand be better in this case to hide in plants as well? might also paint one side black and stick the shelving part against the wall to make it look more natural because the room is kind of small for the 3 sided view i was going to do

, 33g retired
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 01:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quick thought on the intake, maybe if too low it will suck up some of your substrate if kicked up by the fish. Not sure if you plan on a lot of bottom dwellers, but if you do, it's probably a concern.

I like the 360 spray idea, as long as you can hide it.

No practical thoughts on the light, but would think with the back to front dimension of the tank you would likely need two lights, unless you suspend an go for a lower PAR.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Has anyone used slip fitting bulkheads? Thinking about ordering some to try instead of using these threaded toilet bowl fitting for a flatter and cleaner look.

, 33g retired
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Went ahead and ordered two current satellite plus pro's for the tank due to depth and width on sale along with a ista co2 reactor. Will update on tank placement and layout soon, dam 70hr work weeks are killing me with Florida's weather here lately

, 33g retired

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode