10 gallon rimless riparuim (fire belly newts) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
10 gallon rimless riparuim (fire belly newts)

Let me start with a little info on how I came about this idea..

I had a older 10 gallon tank that was not in use so what I did is tryed to DE-RIM the sucker. All went supprisingly well untill the end when I broke a chunk of glass, its at the top so my first thought was try to silicon it, then i thought well the contents will probably be on the floor in about two days. Then it hit me.... RIPARIUM!!!!!! So an even longer story short i filled it a little less that half way and threw some rocks just peeking outta the water, threw (not litterally) in 2 fire belly newts and some plants i had in other tanks, and volia! ill try to post some pics later on when i get outta work like 1030 11 pm eastern.

Flora : Anaubias Petite Nana
Hygrolyphoia ?
Mellon Sword

Fauna : 2 fire belly newts
4 ember tetras
3 blondy/red snake skin guppys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
join the "l break aquariums trying to de-rim them" club looking forward to checking out the pictures!

----gauny----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
join the "l break aquariums trying to de-rim them" club
hey i'm in that club! haha well... my dad is to be specific, he thought he would "help" ...
you did cycle the tank first right? i use to keep fire belly newts, i loved them

4 * 8 * 15 * 16 * 23 * 42

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pH..._Ripiruimc.jpg

heres the pic, its a poor image but i dont have a good camera yet, later tonight ill try to get some good shots of the newts.

What do ya think?

Shadow - haha, thanks i think im going to try it again on my 2.5 ( 2 bumle bee gobys, rcs , planed dwarf puffer and to add a lil salt to make it brackish water)

jennaH - i used cycled water from my 20 gallon and a 10 gallon filter from the 20 G, i like them a lot too im pretty sure mine are the japanese ones. There really active so far ive only gotten them to eat frozen blood worms.

When in doubt.... SCREAM AND SHOUT!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
l'm planning on de-rimming my 2.5 as well. For right now it just keeps my extra plants that lm not using at the moment for future projects. lt's kinda like pringles once you pop you can't stop

----gauny----

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" -pericles

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

NICE! i feel like tanks look so much better when there isnt a rim. as fo ada.... i dont have 65 for a 5 gallon.....

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pH..._Ripiruimc.jpg

Wjat do you guys/gals think??????

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Sounds cool! But the link isn't working. Just so you know, wouldn't it be a paludarium?

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

DAMN ! it was in the image hosting portion of planted tank. i dunno if it would be a paludarium. so far yeas it is a paludarium, but i want to grow some plats outta the water.

ill try to get another picture up, where do you guys/gals go for image hosting?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1337 View Post
DAMN ! it was in the image hosting portion of planted tank. i dunno if it would be a paludarium. so far yeas it is a paludarium, but i want to grow some plats outta the water.

ill try to get another picture up, where do you guys/gals go for image hosting?
PhotoBucket is great. Free, lots of options for cleaning up pictures, I would go with them. You could also use you attatchment space.

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode