Mr Aqua 1.5G Desktop Iwagumi - The Planted Tank Forum
 75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (73/100%)
Mr Aqua 1.5G Desktop Iwagumi

O.K. so I finally got something started up again. As I put my 2-footer on hold, I got this little guy just to give myself a kickstart since it's quick and easy to get going.

This will be a pretty simple Iwagumi type setup. I do plan on using co2 and medium light. Some of the equipment and hardscape I already had. The light was low light on my Mini S (3.5G) so here I'm expecting medium light. The Lava Rocks I've used in different scapes before, so are being reused here.

Date Filled: 4/9/16

Equipment

Aquarium – Mr Aqua 1.5G Rimless
Light - Up Aqua Pro LED 25cm
Filtration – Azoo Mignon 60
Co2 - Macro Aqua 92G Disposable

Scape Materials

Hardscape – Black Lava Rock
Substrate – Pool Filter Sand

Plant List - Anubias Petite, Eleocharis parvula, Eleocharis sp.

Current Pic - 9/19/16

Last edited by houseofcards; 09-19-2016 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
That is so cool!
Crazy how big these micro tanks seem!!!
BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I would have NEVER guessed the small size of that tank!!

+++++++++++++++++++
Just started Nano

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

++++++++++++++++++++

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks for the comments. Yeah it's hard to tell scale especially without the plants in yet. I've already begun planting it so I should have some more pics soon.
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
This will be so cool! Can't wait to see what you do with this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks!
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quick pic of some of the anubias attached to the lava rocks and some hairgrass in the background

Tyrone, Tyrone, JuanSan and 5 others like this.

Last edited by houseofcards; 04-23-2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: cor
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Pic with Hairgrass, Anubias and moss.

I also ended up buying an Macro Aqua Disposable co2 system since I wanted something really small that will sit on the desktop and it was too inexpensive not to try. I don't know how dependable it will be but so far it's running fine. Comes complete with combination diffuser/bubble counter. It's also usable with paintball cylinder via adapter.

post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Dope tank! I forgot you said you were gonna set one up. Well done! That hairgrass looks giant in this tank. They add an elegant softness to the look.

||
||
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 12:42 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
Pic with Hairgrass, Anubias and moss.

I also ended up buying an Macro Aqua Disposable co2 system since I wanted something really small that will sit on the desktop and it was too inexpensive not to try. I don't know how dependable it will be but so far it's running fine. Comes complete with combination diffuser/bubble counter. It's also usable with paintball cylinder via adapter.

This is so lovely I'm not going to lie I stared at this picture and got lost in it for a time. How did you take such a clear photo?

post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereninga View Post
Dope tank! I forgot you said you were gonna set one up. Well done! That hairgrass looks giant in this tank. They add an elegant softness to the look.
Thanks much. You know I wasn't even sure which hairgrass I had from a previous setup. I was going to trim, but I'm going let it grow wild for a while and see what happens, but I'm starting to think it's Eleocharis sp. which grows quite tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanSan View Post
This is so lovely I'm not going to lie I stared at this picture and got lost in it for a time. How did you take such a clear photo?
Thank you. Most of the time for full tank shots, if you shut all the lights in the room and steady the camera on something you can get off a pretty good shot with just the aquarium lights.
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 02:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Never heard of this system, but I'd be interested to see how that works out. Seems legit.

Do you have any plans for fish or shrimp?

Where did you get that light btw? It looks really good. Is that the actual color temp? I'm using the Finnex Stingray, which is too blue for my taste but I have too much crap that I don't want to get a new one.

||
||
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 10:01 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Thanks much. You know I wasn't even sure which hairgrass I had from a previous setup. I was going to trim, but I'm going let it grow wild for a while and see what happens, but I'm starting to think it's Eleocharis sp. which grows quite tall.

Thank you. Most of the time for full tank shots, if you shut all the lights in the room and steady the camera on something you can get off a pretty good shot with just the aquarium lights.
Ill keep that in mind!

post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereninga View Post
Never heard of this system, but I'd be interested to see how that works out. Seems legit.

Do you have any plans for fish or shrimp?

Where did you get that light btw? It looks really good. Is that the actual color temp? I'm using the Finnex Stingray, which is too blue for my taste but I have too much crap that I don't want to get a new one.
The light was popular several years ago. I think even AquaForest and some other retailers sold these under different branding. I think the Azoo Flex and some other nano lights replaced them. The color temp is 8000k and yes I didn't do much with the pic. I'm thinking a few shrimp, probably too small for any real fish.

Here's a pic with all the equipment including the little co2 setup.

Last edited by houseofcards; 04-27-2016 at 10:19 PM. Reason: cor
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 11:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
AHHHHHHHHH this is so cool!
Well done! Makes me want a tank this small just to play around with!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode