~*mundo bonito de cor *~ by problemman NEW PICTURES!!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (43/100%)
Talking ~*mundo bonito de cor *~ by problemman NEW PICTURES!!!!

mundo bonito de cor -beautiful world of color

The tank is a stock tank from an old petstore that closed down in my home town. Its pre-drilled and has a partition in the middle that holds 15 gallons on each side. The background is blue.

Dimensions: 48L x12W x12H

To start with the construction of this tank i will be removing the over flow catches and the return outlets.

I will then remove the partition in the middle of the tank and clean the silicone off.

Next would be the holes in the back of the tank. I will silicone glass over the holes and then painting blue to match the rest of the background.

leak test.

After the leak test will be the fun part. Im planning on starting the tank dry method.

My substrate will be an 1-1.5 inch of soil and then a cap of quick crete sand. The sand im a little worried about. idk if i want to use the sand as i would like to much rather use Shultz Aquatic Soil as my capping. I will then start my HC in the tank and let it grow in the lawn i want.

Im still working on the scape of the tank and im in the process of looking for rocks and driftwood branches. Im not sure if im going to use the combination of the 2 or go with just rocks and small pieces of driftwood. I really want the plants to be the focal point.

The name of this tank came from two things first the plants in which i will be adding are patterned and intense color, and the fish are mostly amazon so correct me if im wrong but if its said right and wrote right thats Portuguese. Brazil's native language.

I have yet to come up with an exact list of plants and fish but i have a few in mind and will play with the idea when time comes closer to flooding.

As for lighting im using 2 24 inch 2x14 watt T5 coralife fixtures. according to another board member this will be enough light.

Im planning to do a small CO2 unit (DIY) for the fear i will be battling algae big time but idk what will happen since the soil will be submerged in the DSM.

Filter is undecided at this point so i may need some help.

i plan to
I will get a picture of the tank im working with tonight to give you all an idea of what im working with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
I sell plants but not green thumbs, sorry.

Last edited by problemman; 02-25-2010 at 05:53 AM. Reason: for got a bunch of stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

does anyone know how to remove silicone easy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (47/100%)
To remove it from glass? Razor blade is the only thing I've tried. It works really well. It definitely takes some effort at first, but it goes quickly once you're used to it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Banned

okay well i used the razor blade and it took me 30 mins to get it right and then another 30 for removal.

here is a pic line up for you of the process i went through today.

all gone!

cleaned and ready to go

HC before use

then after

and what i did in terms of the foreground. i have enough HC that i could fill it all in and be ready in about 2-3 weeks after dry starting

no the rock are not staying in there. im going to go get more wood and brown or gray rocks for this just getting an idea

and for fun my EBR breeding tank

Quote:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

alright i just went and got the wood for the stand tonight. planning to do it very simple nothing spectacular. im still waiting on an answer on my sump question on the equipment thread...

Quote:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
I'm glad to hear you are building a stand. Have you looked at CL's stand out of cinder blocks? It's actually pretty sweet.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Banned

i think cinder blocks are anky unless used in a fish room for big tanks. other then not going there. it should be done tomorrow. my neighbor is making it for me so i know it will be nice clean and sturdy. oh and i want to do it in a very dark walnut cuz i love dark colored wood. hate maple and oak and stuff

Quote:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode