65 gall Iwagumi DSM - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
65 gall Iwagumi DSM

Hello everybody
I am writing here from Slovenia, because in our country aquascaping aint spread so much.
So what i know about it, i got it from you guys. I am begginer at this kind of hobby, so i have to learn alot about it still..So i opened this thread, so i can ask question or two about some stuff
I came to first question, since I started with DSM, i saw it from Barr, and looks cool. But the problem is, that i wasnt able to get ada aquasoil, so i got Seachem black sand (wich is abit poor with nutrients i think?). What kind of fertilizer should i use while in DSM. I have Flourish Excel, and Flourish from Seachem.
Here is the picture of it, 3 days after planting
Thanks for your replies, and sorry for my bad english
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.posajeno123.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	611993  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 04:48 AM
Planted Member

Personally I would add fertilizer root tabs now since you have some carpeting plants. I know my monte carlo goes crazy with Seachem Flourish root tabs. Eventually you will need to dose N, P and K along with the micros/trace. You can stick with liquid Seachem lineup if you're lazy like me or save some money and mix dry ferts.

Will this be high tech or no? What is the lighting? I like the layout. If you add the root tabs and then spread out the plant clumps more you will save months.

You can add a very light nutrient mixture in the spray bottle you use to maintain humidity during the DSM.

Good luck!

Currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for reply Phyzix. I just ordered Tropica growth fertilizer, wich contains everything i need for DSM, as i saw on some sucessfull DSM video on youtube. I also ordered 2 more invitro HC so carpet would fill sooner.

Its gonna be hightech, I have 4x54w H0 lights with DIY inox hood, i also have co2 set, eheim filter, ph controller.

Do you guys think, that my plants are gonna survive without fertilizers for about 4-5 days(till shipment come)?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 10:44 PM
Planted Member

4-5 days shouldn't be a problem at all just make sure they don't turn pale yellow (N deficient).

Tags
iwagumi dsm slovenia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode