Greetings all fish folks,
For about 2-3 years now I've had a nice Peacock cichlid community tank, which was fun, but I've been smitten by the planted tank bug, and as such I have taken an interest into it. I've been doing my research and have already put up a few posts asking questions and I think I am finally ready to start dabbling into it. Yesterday to my surprise my local fish store accepted all of my old cichlids. Which was pretty awesome as I got some nice storecredit
. When I got back, I took out the rest of my rocks and plants, then I spent about an hour or 2 taking out all of the gravel from my tank. I would insert pics but I don't really know how...
So Now my EDITED
1. substrate- Underlayer of MTS, overlayer of blackflourite sand
2. heater- plan on using the one I have which is a normal nonsubmersable one
3. filter- Eheim 2217 classic (being shipped so) 2 old HOBs
4. Lighting- T5 Coralife NO 1X28w + standard hood kit that came with my tank 40w, and a T5 Coralife NO 2X28w
5. Plants: See page 4
6. Fish- I plan on having Angels, Black Neon Tetras, Apistos, Cory Habrosus and Red Cherry shrimp.
PAGES 1-3 are planning
PAGE 4+ PICS START
So far this is the game plan,
Going to change out my water for tap,
or now this is my project ahead of me, really looking forward to it.
Thanks a Bunch
Your pal always,