Twin 20s - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
drx
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Twin 20s

Mts real hits you some time

1st up my oldest tank has been home to butterfly agamas, baby green iguanas , skinks, holder for bait fish, was my cray fish tank till it did a houdini act. Now its home to a yellow bass and a bolivian ram. The plastic decor is mostly in there for structure till I can find more natural decor.

Now my newest tank. Is home to 4 males and 2 female guppies(had a couple females die in child birth and one of the replacement females i bought turned out to be a late devolving male.) And a bristlenose pleco.

o and of coures in a mixed sex guppie tank uncountable numbers of fry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 05:10 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Pretty sure that yellow bass would get too big for that 20 gallon long. I don't know too much about the bass so I don't know their temperament, but still might be wise keeping an eye on him as he ages in case he becomes aggressive with other fish.

Rather than decorations, you could get some low light plants (even ones that are fast growers such as water wisteria). I am sure the ram would appreciate the cover the plants provide.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
drx
Algae Grower

The bass is a grow out for another tank. They usually get around 9" tho the biggest I've caught them from that pond is 7". he is the biggest push over ever there generally very docile. Nothing like there bigger cousins. Yeah plants are defiantly part of that "natural decor" I was talking about that along with drift wood and such. Real just waiting for the weather to turn nicer out before I go on my collecting trips. The ram has claimed the middle cave as his own.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
drx
Algae Grower

as you can see the white castle is no longer in there sadly my ram got stuck inside it and died . The bass has been moved to the large tank so my next grow out can begin.

esox americanus americanus -redfin pickerel

for size reference

Guppie tank is breeding away which is good as the pickerel will be eating them
sadly i haven't seen my bn pleco in 4 days no sing of him at all hopeing he just found a realy good hiding space.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
drx
Algae Grower

interesting thing about having a heavy planted guppie tank find fish in there you swear you never saw before.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 06:08 AM
Planted Member

Don't worry about that pleco. My rubber lip pleco goes missing days on end and sometimes I wonder if he died. They're shy for sure!

My boyfriend has a ~1ft common pleco and he hides 23 out of 24 hours a day in the giant castle we bought for him
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
drx
Algae Grower

been almost a month and i moved around all the hard scape looking for him with no luck

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Planted Member

Don't lose hope. They're sneaky. I swear when I moved my tank, finding that little... B word... Was a real pain. He blended in with everything! They're quick too.

Well at least I'm trying to be positive about it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode