6Likes
  • 10 Post By bacon5
  • 2 Post By Bercume3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)
William's 20L

Overall, this tank has been running since April 2012. It has gone from a shrimp only tank, to a low tech planted fish tank, to a high tech tank fish tank, even though I do not have many fish now (a single glowlight and 2 clown plecos. Need to add more glowlights ). Anyways, here is what the tank looked like yesterday morning:

I like the plants, but it just simply wasnt scaped. In fact there wasnt any hardscape besides the apisto caves. However I decided to do a rescape. The idea of the scape was largely inspired by an SFBAAPS member's tank, in fact this tank is essentially my attempt to recreate his scape in a 20L. Here is a picture with the tank all empty:

Then today:
I need to play with my camera, as I am not completely satisfied, but here are the pictures of the new scape:

As you may notice, I have some rocks zip tied to the wood because they werent quite sinking yet. I will probably remove them in April, even though I could probably do so sooner, I want to be safe Now the main plant I want right now is AR mini for this spot right behind the rock with anubias petite.

Also I am thinking maybe some erios in the back right, but will probably wait until the tank is more situated. For now, I will start looking for fauna !

Hope you all enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This weekend I added some neons. They were on sale for $1.49 a piece. I asked for 20, but the guy just put close to 20 it there (i counted 18) and charged me for just 15. 3 died almost immediately after being introduced to the tank but the remaining 15 are going strong! Good thing Petsmart has that 14 day guarantee! Unfortunately, one of the bodies got sucked up by my fluval. The body was on the prefilter and when I was trying to get him, the prefilter slipped and then he was gone . I am thinking about adding some more, but we will see.

I also got around 20 endlers from a member of our local club. They are doing great, and a few male endlers seem to think they are neons and have been trying to school with them

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wow that is one of the nicest looking tank Ive seen in a while. Would like to see pictures with the tetras.
bacon5 and bacon5 like this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks that means a lot! This is the first time I tried to actually create an idea in the scape, and I am happy how it turned out! I will try to get a picture with the fish, they just move so fast! I have to try to figure out a way to use my flash so I can increase my shutter speed.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Awesome tank! I'd love to see an update.

~Alex
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks! Been busy with midterms, and will finish them this week. Hopefully I will post an update by the end of this weekend!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

A very nice scape, looks truly amazing and I am seriously impressed by how NOT forced this scape looks. Gives a completely natural and Zen feel! I likey!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I agree with the others. I think your tank looks really, really nice.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Algae Grower

I think it looks great, and I am not a big fan of the round rather large rocks, but yours look great!!

J-Pond

Last edited by j-pond; 01-12-2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode