The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Bimetal thermometer, how to adjust/reset?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2020, 06:41 AM
jeffkrol
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
Bad news, can not reach the internal by taking out the two screws on the face plate,

and

Good news, I found a proper way to adjust this thermometer(if I did take it apart I would just ruin it), now trying to get the required special tool.

What about this?
Quote:
https://www.ashcroft.eu/pictures/pdf...10811%20JM.pdf
7.4.1 Zero point adjustmentOn thermometers with an external adjustment option, rotate using a screwdriver until the pointer is showing the desired temperature on the scale.
On thermometers with a bayonet ring, remove the ring, take hold of the pointer using two fingers on the broader part close to thebearing, and use a small screwdriver to rotate the bearing by an estimated angle. Then letgo of the pointerand read off the value displayed. Repeat this operation until the desired value is being displayed.Then seal the housing tightly again using the bayonet ring, the glass and the sealing ring.
Prob wrong model but anyways.. good luck..
Quote:
This series is tamper proof, her-metically sealed and has the Maxivi-sion® dial. The connection locations are rear and lower. The CI series of Ashcroft® industrial bimetal thermom-eters was designed for applications where external adjustment or pointer reset are not desired.
ahhh desires..

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure"

Last edited by jeffkrol; 11-21-2020 at 07:02 AM. Reason: edit

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome