The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - High Tech Newt Tank
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2020, 09:38 PM
xjasminex
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
Thank you! I have high hopes for this tank. I've been thinking about using one of these stands for years, it wasn't until recently I figured out to put a concrete top on it so I could use smaller tanks.

Here are some pictures I just took of the magnets.

I used wood glue to attach a few small pieces of scrap to the wooden panels I added. I then drilled holes and epoxied in some rare earth magnets:

On the door panel I drilled holes and epoxied in opposing magnets:

When you close the panel in place the magnets on the doors line up with the magnets in the stand:

In order to know where to drill holes on the door I first installed the magnets on the side panels, then put a little ball of painters tape on the magnet. Then I shmooshed the door on. The painters tape stuck to the door panel in the spot I needed to drill to get the magnets to line up. Theres a few different ways to do this including using a dab of paint etc.

This is great! Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome