The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - High Tech Newt Tank
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2020, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
minorhero
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I ended up ordering the UNS 60U aquarium. I thought about going with alternatives, for a little more I could buy the Landen and already have the tank in my possession. But, I'm in no real hurry on this and the UNS tanks are supposed to be back in stock at the end of the month. And right or wrong, I have a perception that the UNS tanks are a little nicer... maybe? At least I like their name stencil more then Landen's.

Meanwhile, there is nothing stopping me from planning for the tank to arrive. To that end I've had my eye out for rocks in need of rescue. Some of these rocks were not tiny.... But in the end I managed to rescue quite a few nice specimens in desperate need of a home.

Tonight I cut out a piece of cardboard in approximately the size of the tanks footprint and laid out some of the rocks on it. After a half hour or so I ended up with this configuration:

I'm positive this is not the final look. I will be playing with these rocks for a while but I wanted to share an update of where things are at. Next up I plan to make an inline mini reactor for co2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome