The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What par meter for freshwater ?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 07:55 AM
en7jos
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
THAT is new information.. thanks.
---------------------------------
My message to Seneye Tech support:

Hi there,

I recently bought a Seneye Reef device, mainly for measuring light in my freshwater planted aquarium, but also to hopefully get some idea of light levels and spectra in my home indoor hydroponic setup which uses LED grow-lights.

I’m assuming that the device is calibrated to give correct PAR measurements when submerged in water, and that PAR readings taken out of water may not be accurate. Is this correct? Is there a calibration factor I can apply to correct readings taken with the sensor dry? Will the spectrum readings be affected, and if so, in what way?

Kind regards, James

Seneye's reply:

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in contact with us,
The device does not need to be calibrated and is designed to take light readings in the water but it should also work out of the water, for more info on how to use the device please take a look at the link below:
https://answers.seneye.com/en/Seneye...ef_light_meter

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Kind regards,

Seneye Support Team
Seneye ltd, Norwich Airport P & R building, 10 Buck Courtney Cresent, Norwich, NR6 6JT, UK.
+44 (0)1223 911075

To be honest, I am not 100% convinced that this is true given that other units need a calibration factor to compensate for in water / out of water use. But like I said above, the reading are good enough for my purposes (I think!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
Only question I have is that the red led blinks when it's out of the water. and is in the sensor window area..
Yes, the red sensor LED blinks. I think that's how it reads the slides for pH and ammonia levels. But this doesn't affect the light readings. You can disable the alert LEDs (e.g out of water, high ammonia, different to the sensor LED) via the software.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome