The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Panacur-C vs Planaria Zero, the test
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 04:55 PM
en7jos
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I wonder with the betel nut extract treatments whether it is less effective against planaria that are hiding in the substrate? The Panacur would seem to be pretty much instant take-down upon any exposure, but perhaps the betel nut extracts don't reach high enough concentrations down in the substrate to be fully effective. So maybe worms on the glass get hit, but those in the substrate might get lucky? I wondered this when lots of trumpet snails emerged unscathed from the substrate a few days after I treated the tank with 'No Planaria'. Maybe this is why you dose for several consecutive days (for 'No Planaria', the instructions are 100% dose day 1, 50% dose day 2 and 25% dose on day 3). Just a thought...

Interested to hear your final conclusions in a few weeks time. Any effects seen with either treatment on shrimp at all?

Regards, James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome