The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Ring of death question
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Sam the Slayer
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
Algae based foods can also have high protein. Sera Micron Nature for example is, if I am reading the ingredients correctly, over 50% algae based and contains over 56% protein. Second ingredient is krill. Spirulina, by itself, actually has a high protein content.

The difference could easily be by the source of protein... i.e. vegetable and algae proteins are less likely to cause failed molts as compared to a meat based protein. Meat based proteins may cause more deaths.

If anyone has a tank where the shrimp don't seem to be thriving, but they aren't exactly dying at a fast rate either, then I recommend taking a look at diet. I was in that situation myself, nothing seemed to make any sense and I was given the diet advice. It worked! I have since given this advice to others and some have said they've also seen an improvement in their tanks.

Like I said though, if you aren't seeing deaths, it may not be a big issue.

Thank you for your response and you make a valid point regarding vegetable protein.

I just double checked gh/kh and its 8/8 and Ive just fed so Ill be able to see better whos doing what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome