Thread: Failure to Molt
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 08:20 PM
Econde
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_dan View Post
I just checked it with my TDS meter, which is properly calibrated. It says 107 now. It's been around 105-110 since I got the meter a few weeks ago, even after additives (such as Easy Green) that should logically raise TDS.

As for the GH/TDS, I do use Shrimp King Bee Salt GH+. I can't just add that straight to the water (or add water with much higher TDS/GH) without risking too big a change they can't handle, can I?
AH okay. Nope, you'll want to change parameters over time through water changes.

Are those parameters, in your first post, tap water? Or are you re-mineralizing RO water? If your KH is 4 and your TDS is about 110~ish , then your KH is taking up the majority at about(4 x 18) 70~ish TDS. That leaves about 40 or so for GH which actually makes it about 2-3 GH which is too low. If I remember correctly you'll need to bump it up to about 5-6 range. Which should bring your total TDS up to about 150 ish.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8...020%20per%20gh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome