The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What is the width of the bottom rim on a rimmed aquarium?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
jellopuddinpop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeda View Post
I think that if the plastic frames are original to the tank they should be identical in all measurements.

I think what the OP is asking is what is the width of the plastic trim underneath the tank where it contacts the existing stand.
Exactly. Here is a sketch of what I'm talking about. This would be the cross section of the bottom corner of the tank.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
And for what it's worth, mine are built into a wall. I ran a plywood support board to lie on top of the Sheetrock edge to get it flush. I badly wish I'd have put a hinged opening above the tanks to give myself front access to them. Doing all maintenance from behind the aquarium has its challenges.
I really thought about that, but this is going to be right in the center of the entryway to the house. I really needed to keep clean lines as much as possible to go with the rest of the home design.

The way I look at it, is most of us can't get to the back of the tank for maintenance, so what's the difference? If anything it's a little easier because all of your plumbing, wiring, CO2, etc is right in the open vs being hidden behind the tank where you can't get to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	902999  

If you ever think you're too small to make a difference, spend a couple of nights sleeping with a mosquito.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome