The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - What is the width of the bottom rim on a rimmed aquarium?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
jellopuddinpop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
What is the width of the bottom rim on a rimmed aquarium?

Sorry for anyone reading this, but itís going to be a dumb questionÖ

I am remodeling my house, and will be putting a 125G fishtank in my wall. Can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the bottom rim of the tank are going to be? The tank is currently set up, so I canít exactly see what the bottom of the tank looks like, and the construction needs to be complete before I can empty the tank to move it. What Iím looking for specifically is the width of the plastic rim that comes in contact with the stand.

My problem is trying to figure out how Iím going to trim the opening in the wall. I would love the tank itself to be flush with the wall, and the trim to be slightly raised up with a very clean, modern moulding. Iím concerned, because this would mean that the very front face of the bottom rim of the tank would be resting on the edge of the sheetrock. If that bottom rim is 1Ē thick from front to back, then Iím OK with it. If that front rim of the tank is only .500Ē thick from front to back (and all of the weight would be on the sheetrock), then I need to come up with a different plan.

I know exactly what Iím thinking in my head, but it was very hard to word it. Iím hoping everyone was able to understand the visual Iím trying to get at, but Iím sorry if this doesnít make any sense.

If you ever think you're too small to make a difference, spend a couple of nights sleeping with a mosquito.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome