The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New to CO2, pH went from 7.4 to 6.6, can I raise it?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
ahem
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econde View Post
If you're going to change your PH level, I'd change the base and not chase the drop. The 2HR aquarist spread sheet on what PH level drops are needed vs PH/KH levels. You can find it HERE.

Tbh with you, I myself have stopped chasing KH and PH levels. I run tap water on my 2 tanks currently. I used to remineralize RO water and eventually gave up. Also Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) will raise KH/PH on the cheap.
Yes, I'm doing tap water also. I'm using the commonly available red/yellow/green "drop counter chart" to determine my target. I'm not talking about adding buffer AFTER I inject CO2 to "chase the drop". I am looking to "nudge" the pH up a little. My tap water KH is 4, I am thinking a KH of 8 would result in a better pH range for my endlers. But trying to understand what to expect with a buffer. Would it change my starting pH (no CO2) and ending pH (@30ppm) by exactly the same amount?

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econde View Post
If you're going to change your PH level, I'd change the base and not chase the drop. The 2HR aquarist spread sheet on what PH level drops are needed vs PH/KH levels. You can find it HERE.
This is a great little informative piece, thank you!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome