The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - orange shrimp vs pumpkin shrimp?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 01:05 PM
en7jos
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Same same different lah! (as they say in Singapore)

From here:

Scientific name: Neocaridina heteropoda var. Orange, Neocaridina davidi var. Orange

Common names: Orange sakura shrimp, pumpkin shrimp, orange sunkist shrimp

From the orange neo's I have seen here, there can be quite a bit of variation in colour intensity and hue. I wasn't at all keen on the oranges, but orange is my little boy's favorite colour, so obviously those are the ones he wanted for our next tank. I wasn't keen (I like my 'Goldenback' yellows best), but in the aquarium on Friday they had a tank of the best looking "Sunkist" oranges I have seen yet. Real fresh orange juice yellow - they looked great, so we came home with 20! So the little guys is super pleased and they really pop against the green moss back wall and the dark brown Amazonia substrate.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but guess what I am trying to say is that it might be hard to order the "best" orange neo's online without actually seeing them in their shrimpy flesh.

In that same shop they has a tank of CRS and red cherrys - first time I have seem them together in the same tank. And they looked great together with the common red colour. I wonder whether orange neo's might look a bit odd next to your PRL? Just a thought for you...

Regards, James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome