The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Getting back into it
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
TimB172
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Getting back into it

Hi everyone. So I kept aquariums years ago, but got out of the hobby when I moved and moved again and again. Now I'm finally in a place where I know that I'm not going anywhere for a long time as I've bought my first house. I decided to get back into it, but I wanted to do it differently than I had before. I always had mostly fake plants aside from a few broad-leaf bulbs, and I always kept tiger and cherry barbs. This time I wanted to do a fully planted tank with corys and tetras. While I love barbs, and may start a second tank down the road for them, I just wanted something new to make my re-entry to the hobby seem fresh and exciting. I'm currently fish-less cycling a 20 gallon tall with dwarf hair grass and Amazon Swords. I tried hornwort, but found out the hard way that those are nasty and polluted my tank. Nitrites seems to be peaking and I should be fish ready in a week or two. I came across this forum many times during my research and decided to join because everyone seemed friendly and helpful. So wish me luck, and I'm sure I'll have questions.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome