The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Quag's 10 Gallon Standard
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2020, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Quagulator
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Life has been super busy this summer, seems to be a trend with many of the regulars on here this year. Tank is moving along at a medium pace, which I expected given it's not being driven too hard or anything.

Started dosing micro's for 1 week, which immediately stunted both Macrandra and Wallichii, 2 weeks after stopping the micro's they are both growing back, Wallichii is taking longer to settle back in with some odd sideways growth instead of vertical growth. No micro dosing for now, unless I start seeing problems.

Looks like Lilaeopsis brasiliensis was a poor choice, it's growing way too tall and is way too aggressive. I'm going to try and find some black plastic to build little barriers that will be hidden in the plant growth to try and keep it contained. If that fails I'll opt for something else.

Still trying to find a supplier that is carrying the remaining plants I want. Hygro poly Sunset is obviously way too aggressive, I'm pulling out loads of it each week. Ludwigia ovalis is also not to my liking, it's not as compact or coloured as I once had it under much stronger lighting.

Crypt flamingo is back to bright pink, just a few older leaves I need to trim away to clean the look up a bit.

I installed 32 feet of the cheap LED stick on strip lighting into my hood, which really brightened up the look of the tank, I just have them set on max right now to help out the 6000K compact fluorescent bulbs yellowy look, although the tank looks the best with the reds / blues turned up only. Also put on a black backdrop to clean up the visible equipment hanging being the tank.

Nothing too impressive, waiting on finding more plant species and the background tissue culture's are taking a while to fully get going.

"No Ice? Just Freeze Some Water"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome