The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Few weeks in and some issues
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 04:52 AM
ChemGuyEthan
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Hmm, very odd. It could be related to the mold? I've not had it kill plants to my knowledge though. But maybe if it's directly in contact with it? Other thought is the roots and rhizome of the buce were not exposed enough to the water column and they rotted out for some reason leading to the melt? I only say that cause from the picture the clump looks a little bit tucked away. How is it attached to the wood/rock? Perhaps if you used super glue it covered too much of the plant? If that's the only one that's melted/struggling, then I'd say it's likely these issues I mentioned.

But don't worry about the mold too much. In my experience the amano shrimp will eat it. You can also manually remove it with a toothbrush if you'd like. Smells really bad though, just to warn you. The mold will go away in time, just depends on different factors how long that takes.

At any rate, welcome to the community! Hope you can find lots of useful information here to make your tank(s) successful!

Latest tank setup July 2020
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Torn down:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
-

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome