The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Any new info on Anubias Melt?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
plantmenow

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Any new info on Anubias Melt?

I can't find any recent information on this.

I am dealing with this horror right now.... Started about 3 weeks ago. Sudden, fast, and merciless. Just when I was starting to feel confident about Anubias and investing in more unusual varieties (Pinto, Gold Coin, Alfezii (variegated no less!).

What the heck is this thing???

For those in earlier posts saying a change in water conditions... I have to disagree. Unless it's a drastic change, you don't see accelerated damage like this from a healthy plant. The deterioration happens as quickly as overnight. It must be infection/pathogenic (not unlike getting hit with a flu).

I believe the initial onset is from some newer plants that I didn't quarantine (yes. my bad, but they went into a mostly bare tank with other anubias and java fern that have been doing fine for months) in effect, this actually was a quarantine of sorts because it was for plants where a permanent home hasn't been determined. Additionally, the new ones were the first to go. In my case, the infection appears to attack where the leaf joins the rhizome, doesn't matter if it's new or old growth.

After getting over the initial shock and searching all over websites for information, all anubias have been removed, lightly bleached, and placed in individual containers. The worst of the infections are all dead. The lightly or apparently non-infected ones are either stable or only slightly showing further deterioration, but it is unknown at this point if they will survive.

Would like to know if there is any new information on how to deal with this "disease".

Thank you.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome